Babyhair

Discussion in 'Hair Care' started by luisa, Jul 24, 2009.

1. luisa

luisa New Member

(so, i searched where i would be able to ask my queation, but i couldn't find an appropiate thread.)

to those who don't know: it is the very short and thin hair that grows on your hairline.

my problem is that i have periods when it looks really the way i want: short and it lays flat on hairline. i love babyhair when it looks like that :heart:
    but then there are periods when it it getting longer and too long to comb it down.

can i cut it? how would i do that? or is there another way to "style" babyhair or make it look like more?

any help is very appreciated

2. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I've heard of people spraying a bit of hairspray onto a toothbrush and using that to brush the hair forward or backward gently, that might help with styling?

3. luisa

luisa New Member

that's a good idea. thank you!

i just wish i knew how to shorten them a little bit without looking weird. beacause if i'd just cut it with a scissor, it lookd very odd since babyhair doesn't grow symmetric.

4. cherryblossoms

cherryblossoms New Member

I so can understand you, my baby hairs drive me crazy, it's impossible to tame them and most of the time hair looks frizzy because of them... I tried the hairspray on toothbrush thing but it didn't really work :(
    the hairdresser told me they shouldn't be cut or shortened because they will grow out anyway and that these baby hairs are supposed to grow longer and merge with other hair...

5. pinksatin

pinksatin New Member

^ Yeah, I would also advise not cutting it but just sucking it up and letting them grow or using a product to try to diminish how they stick out.

I think cutting would only emphasize them and make it worse. Everyone gets those so I think other people probably don't notice it on you as much as your do. Or depending on the length of your hair, if you wear it down and not combed back or have fringe that covers your hairline that would also solve this.

6. cherryblossoms

do you by any chance know some good hair products that will help diminish how those nasty baby hairs stick out?

7. meeks

meeks Active Member

My hairdresser told me this as well but my baby hairs have never merged with my other hair. They've always just been annoyingly short. I wish I didn't have any, they make my hairline look messy and uneven. The hairspray thing has never worked for me but I'm afraid to get rid of them completely for fear that my forehead will look really huge.

8. pinksatin

pinksatin New Member

I don't know for sure because I don't usually try to do anything with mine (I have pretty short hair the past several years so they don't seem noticeable). I would try something that is kind of sticky, but won't make your hair look shiny because that will look greasy if it's at your hairline, and nothing too stiffening because then if it loses it's holding down power, the baby hairs might just stick straight up because you stiffened them and that would definitely look funny.

Some products I use to style my short hair that fit that description are:
    jonathan dirt texturizing paste
    [​IMG]
    pic from sephora.com
    aveda control paste
    [​IMG]
    pic from aveda.com
    Again I don't know from experience, but I'd try something like that because I think they'd stick the baby hairs to the "adult" hairs without making it stiff or greasy.

9. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

I love baby hair sticking out, I think it's adorable... :ninja:

10. cherryblossoms

the same with me :( they don't seem to merge with other hair, and it doesn't really grow out, I think maybe they're damaged because of hairstyling (blowdry, straighteners) and they break and can't grow the full length :doh:

11. cherryblossoms

thanks for the recommendations :flower:^_^ that is the problem with finding right hair products so that they won't make hair look greasy :doh:

12. luisa

luisa New Member

me too! that's why i asked in the first place ^_^

13. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

My baby hair never seems to grow much, so I don't know what to do when it gets a bit too long. And it's white too. Really odd, actually :lol:

14. Tiffany7

Tiffany7 Active Member

This may seem weird but I love baby hair... wish I had it. Anyway I can get some?

15. xbryony

xbryony New Member

I think I mustve started getting baby hair when I started taking a load of supplements while trying to grow my hair. I took Kelp, A-Z, fish oil and b vitamins and think as well as making the existing hair grow it made new hairs start growing. I noticed them a lot round my forehead but thought it was just a weird phase, then when I went to the hairdressers she noticed I had a ton of new hairs growing throughout my hair. It couldve been the natural hair growing cycle but I think it might be more to do with the supplements ^_^

16. farou7a

farou7a New Member

i dont like my baby hair :(

i cant even get it lasered off. sigh.

17. meeks

meeks Active Member

^I think on an episode of America's Next Top Model they used threading on one contestants hairline to get rid of some of her hair.

18. farou7a

farou7a New Member

yeah threading worls but the probem with thatis, you have to keep doing it then as its more noticabel when it grows back..