Back To School

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by southerncutie, Aug 5, 2004.

1. southerncutie

southerncutie New Member

Hey y'all! So, after over a week in the barrios of Saltillo on a mission trip (San Miguel Mission) school starts in a few days. :blink: What kind of make-up do you recommend? I've got tan-ish olive skin and dark dark brown hair. I want a natural look, but something that'll make me stand out. I don't generally wear make-up, but I'd so go for anything. :flower:

2. pinkillumination

pinkillumination New Member

School? D'ya even need make up? lol

If you want something natural, then do just that!

But if you really do insist that you want to wear something on your face, then make it accentuate a particular feature.

I personally prefer natural, and i have pretty long eyelashes so i usually just wear mascara and a slick of vaseline on my lips and i'm done!

So do you have nice eyes? what do people compliment the most about your facial features?

What about eyebrows? Getting them beautifully plucked can make you look complete without having to touch one bit of make up :smile:

Or what about those cheek highlighty thingies ... they compliment flawless skin the most... in my opinion :smile:

3. southerncutie

southerncutie New Member

what cheek highlighty things? people say i have good- eyes- they're this dark green hazel and i have long lashes. I keep my eyebrowns well groomed- not too thin, not too thick

4. Tempest

Tempest New Member

If u want natural stick with natural colors like browns and pastels when u want color....

bronze/gold hues are really in right now..and those arent too overpowering to the face..

:shock: wow...I didn't know I knew that much about make up before...damn you Sephora_Socialite!!!

5. pointup

pointup living in the sprawl

:lol: :lol:

6. FashionVixen

FashionVixen New Member

Try a brownish eyeliner and brown mascara with a bronzy blush. Goldish clear lipgloss would look nice with it as well. Stay away from foundation if you don't need it; it wrecked my skin!

7. FashionVixen

FashionVixen New Member

Origins make really good natural-looking products as well so think about trying those products in the eyeliner, blush, and lipgloss.