Bags In Europe - Hopw Much Cheaper Are They?

Discussion in 'Handbags' started by baggi, Apr 6, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. baggi

baggi New Member

A friend of mine told me designer bags are "dirt cheap" in Europe.. is that true? If so, how much does a 1000USD prada bag cost in say.. Italy?

2. Orochian

Orochian New Member

With the high Euro, I doubt the price difference is anywhere near what it used to be. A friend of mine just came back from Milan and she bought a few things there, and I didn't think the prices were significantly cheaper than what we have here (North America), if at all.

They do have a lot of designer outlets though, and that's where the real bargains are usually found.

3. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

I've heard people talking about that designers clothes and various items were a lot cheeper in Iceland (I'm from Iceland) but then again, Icelandic people are really good at hyping them selves up and make them look ridiculous. I've never been in the designer stores my self, I find them expensive but comparing to the prizes I've seen here... I think they are quite cheeper.

4. dgie

dgie New Member

I was in London a few months ago and I found that they were $100-$300 dollars cheaper at Louis Vuitton, the same price at Gucci and Prada, and $100-$300 cheaper at Chanel and Dior. But, I was comparing specific bags there and here and I was also taking sales tax into account.

5. tsur

tsur New Member

kind of off topic, but I've noticed a difference in price with in the U.S.

I went to Bloomingdales and looked at a bag that I saw later at Nordstrom in another part of California for 100$ cheaper.

I know for a fact that at Stanford mall in Palo Alto (C.A.) Prices are much higher than at a mall in Modesto C.A. or a smaller city.