Balenciaga Denies Kanye West

wrngco

Reaction score
Kanye West’s most obnoxious fan, Kanye West, is having another temper tantrum, and this one’s international.

As you may already know, when not making music, boasting about the music he’s made or bitching that his music doesn’t get enough recognition, Kanye can often be found obsessing over fashion. Unfortunately, the feeling is not mutual, and the Vuittompous rapper is being proscribed from attending some of Paris Fashion Week’s grandest shows. In what must have been the most hurtful declination, the Balienciaga house wouldn’t have Yeezy even after he took to his blog to award its Closed Front Cage Sandals “Illest Shoe.”

So, why is Mr West being blackballed? Capacity issues? Racism? Honest mistakes? According to him, it’s none of that. He says the issue at hand is the designers and their jealous demand for the spotlight:

“I understand it,” the hip-hop star said. “I get a lot of attention and, you know, sometimes the designers don’t want anything taking the focus off the show."

are there ever really any celebs at Balenciaga? I thought it was usually held in a really small place, only few editors / buyers and such are invited.

“I understand it,” the hip-hop star said. “I get a lot of attention and, you know, sometimes the designers don’t want anything taking the focus off the show."

How arrogant! as if any of the industry powerfuls give a hoot about kanye west.. :rolleyes:

he only goes to the shows to get photographed and to get attention. what a loser that one

eh I could go both ways. I into kayne the musician and Kayne as a fashionable guy BUT I cant stand the kayne who is just sooooooooo uncomfortably arrogant I mean its like he makes it a point to be an a-hole but I do like him, though I get Balenciaga's move.
I mean you don’t see a bunch of celebs there......right?idk

Umm designers also benefit from having celebs at their shows; its a two way street.

Kanye is arrogant period but he would get loads of attention if he went to the show.

Maybe some houses more than others don't won't their image being attached to a certain 'type' of celebrity ?

okay going to fashion shows where there is a celebrity mob in the front row and camera men knocking me down or for some people losing their seat to a celebrity uninvited guest is the havoc that can and has occur during fashion shows when celebrities shows up. Even though Kanye West is arrogant the statement that he made is not arrogant it's the truth. Many celebrity regardless if its a rapper, singer, socialite ,actor can unforunately sometime steal the spotlight away from the show and interrupt working people trying to cover the show.

case in point: Cathy Horyn of the NYTimes almost getting knocked down by a mob of photogs and press trying to get a pic of Nicole Richie and Joel Madden during a show at NY Fashion Week

Ironically, the Balenciaga soundtrack had Flashing Lights towards the end of it :lol:

I seriously don't get how he gets into so many shows. I mean, Vuitton I can definitely see, but YSL, Viktor and Rolf?

I hope it becomes the newest, hottest trend. I can't stand him, but it's funny when he tries to sound like he knows about fashion.

balenciaga's a very low-key type of show. i don't think a lot of celebrities are invited, just critics, retailers, & buyers like someone said earlier.

kanye's becoming such a diva. oh wait, he already is.

I cannot stand Kanye. He needs to get over himself. Now.

i wonder why he was rejected though

He's more of an LV guy to me
LV has lowered itself to the mainstream of Coach IMO it's so common :(
Although alot of fake Le Dix bags at least Balenciaga is not Marc Jacobsing itself

He wrote this on his blog in response to his statement-

"I just love the clothes! Lex and I are not there 2 take pictures... I don't have an album about 2 drop... my tour is sold out... I love fashion and this is one of the funnest things we can make time for! I totally love and respect any designer that won't let me come 2 there show... it's their show... they don't owe me anything... Balenciaga is one of the illest lines right now and I don't feel any type of way about not getting in! There's always a catch 22 in being a celeb ... your motives are always questioned... but only time will show my true love MY FIRST LOVE is for fashion and I appreciate just being in a position 2 afford 2 be able 2 spend a week in Paris visiting shows. I wish everyone could have this experience, the new music you hear, the new people you meet and most of all the beautiful clothes! I understand that some designers don't want all that unnecessary commotion at there shows, that's what I mean by "I get a lot of attention" ... I feel like music and fashion don't bridge enough... at least not as much as it did in the 80's when Madonna and Michael actually influenced designers... there was a give and take. I never use my blog 2 clear stuff up... but this is so close 2 my heart I had 2 say something... Anyone saying something negative has it wrong, they've got me wrong... I just want 2 make great art on every level and fashion shows are one of the best forms of art in the world. Thank you Paris again for the inspiration!!!"

(http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/)

I wish more houses would do this. Not just to Kanye, but to all of the obnoxious celebs. Yes, they do get publicity, but is it the right kind. Look at Versace, they are the biggest celeb wh*re, but it hasn't necessarily translated into sales. (hmm, maybe they just need more V logos)

Well his explanation blog seems a lot more understanding... eh its ok. Nothing else to discuss I guess.

Kanye is still arrogant though for A LOT of other reasons.

lol i'm glad balenciaga didn't let him in just because he's a celeb.

The guy CAN rap.But hmmm....he does tacky well. He has a polished tackiness, a chic street-style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->