Balenciaga F/W 04.05 Paris

I like that this show isn't as tightly edited as the spring collection which only had about 22 looks. There's a little more room here for experimentation and I like that there's a clear street influence. I think it's important to get Balenciaga out of the gallery district and into midtown traffic. Of course, some of these looks are out of this world but it's nice to see a less-serious Nicolas.

:blink:
00300f.jpg

:sick:
00310f.jpg

:heart:
00320f.jpg

Oh wow! Not bad. Much better than the previous seasons since 2001 before he become a tad overhyped. And the menswear,albeit predictable,is quite cool and refined....very wearable,stree-wise and nonchalant.

Although it looks as if it had been copied(the prints,that is),I quite like that jacket with the ballooned pockets and the grafitti :ninja:

:heart:
00350f.jpg

its a real mixed collections, some pieces are VERY good, some i find VERY :yuk: hideous

finalle :wacko:

00360f.jpg

one of the most unbalanced collections i've seen this season.. and i certainly wasnt taken by his menswear, sorry Nicolas, I think you need to try harder

if Paris rumours are true, your chair is rocking in the bad way and this last collection wont make things easier for you :innocent:

Those brightly colored woven details look like inside seams,non? :P

This show looks like an amalgam of many of his past shows. Which I love! The tailored black coat on Marcelle is very fall 2001 Balenciaga. The loose pants on Isabeli are spring 2002. The shearling pieces on Liya and Karolina resemble those from fall 2003. And the flowing coats towards the end of the show are obviously spring 2004. As are the lingerie straps and drapings.

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 3rd, 2004 - 7:49 pm
if Paris rumours are true, your chair is rocking in the bad way and this last collection wont make things easier for you :innocent:
I love this collection but is it true, Lena? Is Gucci looking to boot Nicolas from Balenciaga? What a scandal!

Lena,are those the rumours you heard when in Paris? It doesn't surprise me much as the last few have been terribly disappointing.

All I can say though is about this,my bets this will be praised by the Voguettes and deemed the best of the season which I think is proposterous. Its good in certain places but not overall brilliant.

Those boots look frighteningly unstable :blink:

yes, there is talk of letting him go, lets face it, since the 'copies' scandal (see the fateful patchwork collection) he's been selling very bad,
his 'inspiration' is low and ceo's are not that thrilled, much more since he started quite well you know :innocent:

oh happy happy joy joy-:buzz:

let's boot him from balenciaga and boot his buddy stephen gan from harper's bazaar!!! give some people with more than one good idea a chance! everyone has ONE good idea...that's not very impressive...to come up with new ideas every six months...THAT"S impressive... :flower:

motorcycle jkt
patchworky/scuba dressing-which he stole from hussein chalayan and sofia kokosalaki...there's a name...why not give her the job!!!??? or hussein??!!

that motorcycle bag is the best thing to come out of that house since he's been there...how many years ago was that?!

oh so boring... :innocent:

i liked the white dress and the grey dress and the grey jumper...everything else
YAWN... :

this shape seems to be working best in shoes
00240f.jpg

:shock: chains its CHAINS, not trimmings scott :doh:

00270f.jpg

00280f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola