Balenciaga F/W 04.05 Paris

00290f.jpg

00310f.jpg

pimples and all :sick:

00320f.jpg

headress gone wrong? why no one is wearing this during the show??

Exactly what I thinking,Lena. That patchwork-copying that surfaced has really haunted him. I think that's why the collections lately have been less than impressive. Too bad because he was such a tremendous talent in the early days of his stint at Balenciaga....now he's let it all go down the corporate tube.

I so agree with your observations Softgrey*!!! Hussein and Kokosalaki...uh huh :rolleyes:

Didn't realize that. Let's adorn the models with colorful chains....that'll make a statement,non? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 4th, 2004 - 3:25 am
Didn't realize that. Let's adorn the models with colorful chains....that'll make a statement,non? :rolleyes:
indeed, plus let them go out without make up, with smudged eyes and all, good publicity for those beauties :innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 3rd, 2004 - 8:02 pm
let's boot him from balenciaga and boot his buddy stephen gan from harper's bazaar!!!
Actually, softgrey, I've heard that V absolutely refuses to shoot ANY Balenciaga anymore. I don't know why this is but it's probably something to do with this great Balenciaga boycott I keep hearing about.

aah...the fickle finger of fashion... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Alejandro+Mar 3rd, 2004 - 7:33 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alejandro @ Mar 3rd, 2004 - 7:33 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Mar 3rd, 2004 - 7:04 pm
this shape seems to be working best in shoes
00240f.jpg
Love those :o [/b][/quote]
me too :heart: :woot:

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 3rd, 2004 - 6:37 pm
00160f.jpg

Those skirts are wonderful! :heart: They are actually called "tulip skirts" and were popular for a brief period during the 1950's. I think it's an adorable look. Who cares about practicality anyhow... :innocent:

i think its great :ninja:
love the jackets. the chains!!!!. the constuction....typical ( for NG)but i still like. the grafitti too :innocent:

the dresses are cool, but the shoes are scary......how can you walk?

Originally posted by chickonspeed+Mar 3rd, 2004 - 7:27 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chickonspeed @ Mar 3rd, 2004 - 7:27 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Mar 3rd, 2004 - 8:02 pm
let's boot him from balenciaga and boot his buddy stephen gan from harper's bazaar!!!
Actually, softgrey, I've heard that V absolutely refuses to shoot ANY Balenciaga anymore. I don't know why this is but it's probably something to do with this great Balenciaga boycott I keep hearing about. [/b][/quote]
Is it because of the copying? Isn't he dating make-up 'queen' Kaliadros still who's a regular at V? Sorry for the off-topic gossip :lol:

I'm not too into this collection, but the details are definitely superb.
some of the cuttings and forms are also amazing :heart:

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 4th, 2004 - 12:46 am
Is it because of the copying? Isn't he dating make-up 'queen' Kaliadros still who's a regular at V? Sorry for the off-topic gossip :lol:
Yes, I think they are still dating.

I'm not sure if it is because of the copying. I didn't actually realize it until this person told me and I went through a few recent issues of V. Sure enough, no Balenciaga in sight. Weird, isn't it?

I have a ton of V issues in storage that I plan to go through soon so maybe I can see exactly when they stopped featuring Balenciaga. I think it was quite awhile after the copying occurred.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Mar 4th, 2004 - 4:32 am
They are actually called "tulip skirts" and were popular for a brief period during the 1950's. I think it's an adorable look. Who cares about practicality anyhow... :innocent:
well, i certainly do like to be able to walk in a skirt/dress, much more if i spent a small fortune on it, but i may be just the exception :P

I'm not sure if it is because of the copying. I didn't actually realize it until this person told me and I went through a few recent issues of V. Sure enough, no Balenciaga in sight. Weird, isn't it?
The 'scandal' regarding his copying (see his patchwork collection) came up months after the show, when all the Balenciaga editorials were well under way.
I know x-Balenciaga clients that felt quite cheated by Nicola's attitude, hence they dont 'trust' the originality of his creativity anylonger ...

(btw, this latest collection has a lot of Sharon Wauchomb elements in there :innocent: )

that skirt would look perfect without the zipper pockets/pouches and done in a lighter weight farbric

this will also explain a lot ...

Nicolas Ghesquière ..concedes that a one-season fit problem (his scuba collection for spring 2003) resulted in difficulty at retail, and that, though long since corrected, a rap for bad fit can be tough to shake.
He also acknowledges that in general, his clothes are not the easiest to bring to the selling floor. “What we needed to do was build a bridge between developing something in an atelier in Paris and producing it in a factory,” he said. To that end, he explained, Domenico De Sole installed a product development team whose role was not to modify runway looks for production — “Never!” — but to figure out ways to facilitate their production, a conversion process that Ghesquière feels is now well under way.
Those experts will be putting in some serious time this season, and Ghesquière’s strong, intriguing clothes will make it well worth the effort.

....the balloon motif clunked along in gazar, but turned fabulous in dresses cut from the unlikeliest of fabrics, industrial-looking optic white  :blink:  nylon.
extracts from wwd article :flower:

TequilaSF :
that skirt would look perfect without the zipper pockets/pouches and done in a lighter weight farbric
well, it cant get much lighter than nylon right?
the skirt looked real heavy though
welcome to tFS TequilaSF

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->