Balenciaga F/W 04.05 Paris

About the tulip skirt ... the fabric may be stretchy ...can't it?
PS. I drool all over this drama (I just love what I'm listening! It seems I'm eavesdropping to Mr Ghesquiere's p.a.!)

creative clothes are not only about 'design' and 'innovative shapes'
they also need to be factory produce-able
(most of them in Italy or 'other' countries that certainly dont have
the skills of a Paris based high level atelier ).

a real craftmanship challenge for the creative designer. :wink:

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 4th, 2004 - 3:25 am
I'm not sure if it is because of the copying. I didn't actually realize it until this person told me and I went through a few recent issues of V. Sure enough, no Balenciaga in sight. Weird, isn't it?
The 'scandal' regarding his copying (see his patchwork collection) came up months after the show, when all the Balenciaga editorials were well under way.
I know x-Balenciaga clients that felt quite cheated by Nicola's attitude, hence they dont 'trust' the originality of his creativity anylonger ...

(btw, this latest collection has a lot of Sharon Wauchomb elements in there :innocent: )
I can see that a little bit,for sure! You are always on the spot with the references.

As for the V controversy,I must admit not seeing any of his ads in there for a while. :innocent:

Originally posted by Lena+Mar 4th, 2004 - 4:25 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Mar 4th, 2004 - 4:25 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-purplelucrezia@Mar 4th, 2004 - 4:32 am
They are actually called "tulip skirts" and were popular for a brief period during the 1950's. I think it's an adorable look. Who cares about practicality anyhow... :innocent:
well, i certainly do like to be able to walk in a skirt/dress, much more if i spent a small fortune on it, but i may be just the exception :P
[/b][/quote]
It's just impractical me... :lol:

First can I say WHOA! to the Cristobal Balenciaga piece that Lena posted. :o :heart:

Okay this collection... Well there were a lot of pieces that were a bit off, the ones with chains, the really colorful-printed ones. :sick: But the rest (most builted upon from last season) were wearable, cool, modern and typical Nic. G. in top form. I love the cutting and color combinations of most pants, the cut of the jackets and proportion of course. :heart: Seems like most of the hype is gone. :unsure:

My fave pieces below:

The coatdress on Marcelle was lovely, but this collection didn't grab me the way the Spring '04 collection did. This one seemed overworked, or maybe like Ghesquiere was trying to push a bunch of designs that weren't as inspired as in past seasons. I don't know, but it seems like the whole fashion world feeds off of its own drama. Like high school!

i like the grey tweed coat/dress... that's about it.

:wacko:

I liked about 10% of the women's collection. The men's collection was outright horrid.

can i just say...PLEATED PANTS!!!!!!!! :sick:

NO NO AND AGAIN NO!!!!!---ESP FOR MEN!!!! :wacko:

Very good for balenciaga :heart: :ninja:

I love the Tulip/ buble skirt :shock: :heart: :heart: :heart:

The biker/ air palne jackets are fabulous to, teh boots rock!, The cut out dresses are amaizng, nice florestent chains, teh graffiti is cool but could have been better. :heart:

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 3rd, 2004 - 5:59 pm
Those boots look frighteningly unstable :blink:
Those remind me of really bad fetish shoes :sick:

i dont think Nicolas will stay in Balenciaga for too long,
PPR is out for their money ...they need things that sell. :ninja:
already making rounds in newspapers etc.

By Godfrey Deeny
March 04, 2004 @ 3:45 PM - Paris

There is a good deal of talk in Paris about how PPR, the owners of the Gucci Group, are allegedly unhappy with Nicholas Ghesquiere, the creative director of Balenciaga, a house they control.

It is said that the corporate types find the designer too stubborn, and too obsessed with artistic purity and not enough with commercial success.

from fwd :flower:

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 5th, 2004 - 3:11 am

By Godfrey Deeny

There is a good deal of talk in Paris about how PPR, the owners of the Gucci Group, are allegedly unhappy with Nicholas Ghesquiere, the creative director of Balenciaga, a house they control.

It is said that the corporate types find the designer too stubborn, and too obsessed with artistic purity and not enough with commercial success.

as i said on another thread...the entire collection was still on the racks at the end of the season at barney's ny...it wasn't even selling at 70% off!!!...and they did NOT fix that fit problem...my friend who wears a size two/four couldn't even get anything on...i'm a four/six, so you just can imagine.... forget it...:wacko:

Originally posted by softgrey+Mar 5th, 2004 - 1:06 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Mar 5th, 2004 - 1:06 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Mar 5th, 2004 - 3:11 am

By Godfrey Deeny

as i said on another thread...the entire collection was still on the racks at the end of the season at barney's ny...it wasn't even selling at 70% off!!!...and they did NOT fix that fit problem...my friend who wears a size two/four couldn't even get anything on...i'm a four/six, so you just can imagine.... forget it...:wacko: [/b][/quote]
Yep, I noticed the same thing. Oh, well, Gucci has a new toy now, Bottega Venetta.

:blink:
ssboot.jpg

stephen sprouse' Orange Sprouse labelboots, from fan site www.stephensrouseattack.com ...looks familiar right? :innocent:

i am really alarmed at the state of fashion and i don't know if i should be. we are in an era of copy-cat fashion and now it seems we are stomping even on the few who have transgressed once in the past. this collection for balenciaga did exactly what these revived houses set out to do: a recreation of the old traditions and design philosophies with a modern sensibility.

i love all of ghesquiere's workings at balenciaga and i will admit to a somewhat more commercial undertaking this time (i mean if i forgot where i was, i would almost think i was at an earlier gucci show). the elements incorporated for both the menswear and womenswear were obviously meant to bring the numbers up. while i loved spring 2003 and even spring 2004, it was because they had a certain recklessness about them. this collection was realistic, it was cool, it was young, and it still bore the undeniable mark of both balenciaga and ghesquiere.

and is it just me or does it seem like everyone is doing sort of recap. collections this season...is this some selling tactic? buy the best while you can? from celine to gaultier, it seems like they're saying, "get it now, bc it's never going to be like this again."

:unsure:

i think it is all about IT boys.

the fashion industry is all about the man that can make a woman feel like a star. *gross*

so... we have zac posen trying to be halston... blah blah... proenza "we make unflattering" clothes schoeler eating from anna wintour's hand....

and now?

out with nicholas ghesquiere and in with alexander mcqueen as the golden child of fashion.

this world is as fickle as the best actress buzz in hollywood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->