Balenciaga F/W 2018.19 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by gazebo, Mar 4, 2018.

1. gazebo

gazebo Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    vogue.com

2. gazebo

gazebo Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    vogue.com

3. HeatherAnne

HeatherAnne Well-Known Member

The androgynous models don't convince me of anything (just reminds us Ghesquire had such a knack and ease when it came to androgyny during his time at the hosue), because the designs are insipid and dated! The World Food organization fake propaganda is revolting -- don't care if the funds go to support it. Annoyance of the highest proportion for this.

4. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Active Member

I loved how minimal it all felt at the beggining, strict tailoring with an 80's palette is such a strong statement. The printed looks were a mess though. I think I'm just wanting to like this collection because I loved those giant parkas so much, I want one for myself.

5. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

It speaks volumes that the 3 hottest brands of Kering are putting on the runway variations of the best selling pieces from their previous collections. It speaks volumes that Gucci, YSL and Balenciaga shows just looks like a line-up of products, styled together in order to build a story.

So, of course the tailoring is next level. I also love the return to sophistication in the beginning and the two draped dresses in velvet reminds me of the draped collection Nicolas did for fall 2009 but this doesn't give me fashion or anything like that.
    I'm kinda surprised that he didn't included puffer jackets this time.

I totally understand that they are taking advantage of the success of the brand but come'on, gives us fashion! give us a vision, a proposition. This is lazy and not worthy of a set and even more, of a show!

6. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Active Member

First part tried to look like a "normal" collection...but then chaos begins! And the rest of the collection looks like people on a queue at a bread shop from a communist country circa early 90s.

The charity factor is always welcomed; but putting t-shirts with a charity organization logo at Balenciaga show feels like a tasteless parody. But for Demna this is always easier than actually designing some interesting garments worthy of Balenciaga.

7. EstefaniaAbaddon

EstefaniaAbaddon Well-Known Member

Aren't there some looks missing?

EDIT: nevermind, half the collection is missing. I was thinking this looked too "normal". The Vetements part is missing here.

#7 EstefaniaAbaddon, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited by moderator christiibistii: Mar 4, 2018
  8. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

Look, I appreciate the tailored pieces at the beginning but they are pretty much close to the archive. What I have the problem with his work is he can't really seem to take the heritage and combine with his own styles. By the end of the show, everything look like Vetements.

I am all for charity and good deeds but this makes me sad because he should at least put some thoughts into it. As Jeanclaude said, it looks like a parody rather than coming from a pure mind.

9. IloveDiorHomme

IloveDiorHomme Well-Known Member

This collection feels like a mini best-of of Gvasalia's vision of Balenciaga. I don't think that mixing menswear and womenswear was a good idea...No menswear look stands out here...

Nothing really new but those latex pleated rubber skirts are great. I've never seen pleated rubber before, so kudos for this. I also like those fluffly 90's jumpers styled with.

10. gazebo

gazebo Well-Known Member

vogue.com

11. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

please can we move on from this and gucci now i'm getting very tired

12. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Active Member

I dont think that this is right time to do a collection based only on 'the best sellers' items, they could have done that in a subtle way. What I like when watch a Balenciaga show these days is to see what tacky, dated and horrible thing they will make a 'designer ' version and make everybody wants wear next season, this time I just saw old atrocities.

The big coats in the end are interesting and fashionables in some way, but the rest...
    I cant help myself thinking that the real reason of showing mens and women clothes together is because they did not have enough clothes to do both shows.

13. gazebo

gazebo Well-Known Member

vogue.com

14. FashionFanatico

FashionFanatico New Member

Everyone will hate me here, but i think this looks VERY chic.
    Demna was never more posh than this.
    Nothing groundbreaking yes, but it's desirable.
    The pleated rubber skirt outfits are fab.

15. gazebo

gazebo Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    vogue.com

16. donyan

donyan Member

I like this as a fab collection from an interesting designer, i’m only sad that nothing about this says Balenciaga at all . It’s an interesting sportswear collection with a few sexy dresses at the end, but it’s not Balenciaga.. they are ignoring what Balenciaga stood for which is sad .. but maybe that’s the way fashion is now . maybe it’s the end of all those Parisian Hi Fashion brands

17. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

Seriously. Is this really Kering's new PR move? First Gucci donating to the March For Our Lives and now this. What's the point of it? Isn't it better for the company to create a foundation and help organizations independently from the brands? It just looks so disingenuous, padding themselves in the back, and trying to score some quick good image ridding on the wave of these social movements. Like those shirts with the numbers on? Yuck.

Anyway, the first half of the show was really nice. It's a reminder that he can make straightforward, chic clothes if he wants to. But then... the gimmickness kicks in, and there's where he loses ne.

18. Vitamine W

Vitamine W Well-Known Member

I can't with this either. It all feels like a contrived way to justify ironic refugee-chic. Demna better put on look 45 himself and go out there and feed the children and then I'll buy it.

19. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

Oh and this killed me :rofl:

20. khyrk

khyrk Oh Yeah!

^Nailed it.