Balenciaga F/W 2018.19 Paris

^^ LOL.

I don't mind parts of this collection, as ever with Demna (and many designers today), I try where possible to take in what little good there is. The nipped black coats are even quite chic...just don't try and do a #flashbackfriday and compare this to the brand's F/W 2008 collection :innocent: (this could pertain to any brand's image today though, which would cower in comparison to a decade prior however I suppose...)

^^^dying

Everyone will hate me here, but i think this looks VERY chic.
Demna was never more posh than this.
Nothing groundbreaking yes, but it's desirable.
The pleated rubber skirt outfits are fab.

I agree with you, actually. The Joey part of the collection doesn't entice me, but the rest is very... straightforward, almost? It's just very clean and somehow desirable and modern. I'm actually a little impressed.

as always, i am always impressed with how he uses colors :D

most of this is pretentious and gimmicky i ll say, who buys those librarian chic, stiff and fitted dresses and coats, the models having to walk so uncomfortably made me laughed...the first few are also rather incoherent to the rest of the other shows..

but, for some strange reasons, i like it, like stone said, it is modern and clean, and that is important.

I like the half of this collection.
It looks repetitive, some looks are so ugly but same time there are many good pieces.
Who did the the cast? Many models can't walk.

I like the half of this collection.
It looks repetitive, some looks are so ugly but same time there are many good pieces.
Who did the the cast? Many models can't walk.

Lotta Volkova did the casting this season.

Lotta Volkova did the casting this season.

Lotta is making her career in fashion business, "learning by doing" not a bad idea.
There are white, black, asian models, it is easy to get a good press but many female and male models can't walk. How they moved their hands, the walk, it was simply bad. I was negative surpised watching the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lotta is making her career in fashion business, "learning by doing" not a bad idea.
There are white, black, asian models, it is easy to get a good press but many female and male models can't walk. How they moved their hands, the walk, it was simply bad. I was negative surpised watching the show.

It's because Balenciaga/Vêtements mostly cast "new" new faces or people who are not models ( artists, people from the studio etc). So yes they're not gonna Karlie Kloss the runway haha.

I've never seen pleated rubber before, so kudos for this.

There are actually plenty of latex/rubber designers doing pleated rubber and even things more "otherworldly" with it. I had a few latex dresses from top latex designers back in the day and it's a whole different level. :flower:

Lotta Volkova... lol. Seriously, I can't even say s*** about her anymore. It's all about fame, gimmicks and pats on the back for these people. Disgusting. I do feel Demna could grow a bit if he cut her out of the equation. If you look at the first half of the collection you can kind of imagine/see it. Her styling, "eye" and casting kill everything.

This collection feels like a mini best-of of Gvasalia's vision of Balenciaga. I don't think that mixing menswear and womenswear was a good idea...No menswear look stands out here...

Nothing really new but those latex pleated rubber skirts are great. I've never seen pleated rubber before, so kudos for this. I also like those fluffly 90's jumpers styled with.

Remember 10 years ago when NG did those amazing latex skirts, coats, and dresses? :cry: Demna's latex pieces look like a deflated tire compared to that.

Not bad at all (reminded me of Raf for Jil Sander at times) until we got to the World Food Programme. Oy.

Remember 10 years ago when NG did those amazing latex skirts, coats, and dresses? :cry: Demna's latex pieces look like a deflated tire compared to that.

On the same vibe, I laughed when on a Showstudio panel for this collection someone said that Demna invented the legging-boot thing. I mean, Nicolas literally did it for spring 2009.

I'm still surprised by how clueless some people are.

i like the coats

otherwise, "pay no mind... just got signed... " :innocent:

On the same vibe, I laughed when on a Showstudio panel for this collection someone said that Demna invented the legging-boot thing. I mean, Nicolas literally did it for spring 2009.

I'm still surprised by how clueless some people are.

2c088c7a64af4c0913159ea346838224.jpg

pinterest.com

Margiela did those vivid legging-boots back in 2003 also.

those penguins are passable. But I wonder how does this work? Is it a collage dress with three practical buttons?

*** Please refrain from quoting images ***
pinterest.com

Margiela did those vivid legging-boots back in 2003 also.

And he did them in 2001 also!
Btw, the boots from 2003 are on display at the new Margiela exhibition at Palais Galliera.
Mr Margiela himself has been very involved in the whole thing and it’s quite fabulous...

I’ve seen this exhibit a bit as a way to own back his legacy that was stolen by Demna.
Seeing that exhibition kinda made me felt unloyal by having worship Demna when in fact the ones who are continuing his legacy are those like Lutz or even designers like Nicolas who has been inspired by him in a more genuine way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve seen this exhibit a bit as a way to own back his legacy that was stolen by Demna.
Seeing that exhibition kinda made me felt unloyal by having worship Demna when in fact the ones who are continuing his legacy are those like Lutz or even designers like Nicolas who has been inspired by him in a more genuine way.

:heart: for acknowledging that.

I love Showstudio and what they have been doing but they seriously need to up their game with the commenters. I've seen some very ignorant speeches there, from people that seem to be absolutely clueless regarding fashion history. It's the problem with booking "cool-kids" and "indie stylists".

I personally hate jackets that are bulky and make you look like whale. But I like a few outfits here, just a little disapointed by the amount of awkwardness. Although I know it's his shtick...

BALENCIAGA SUPPORTS THE WORLD FOOD PROGRAMME

For the Fall Winter 18 collection, Balenciaga partnered with the World Food Programme to support its mission of ending hunger by 2030.

Balenciaga aims to engage customers around important issues like global hunger and the role that nourishing food plays in building strong communities. This partnership is a step towards making fashion useful beyond its practical purposes while supporting good causes with our products whenever possible.

When you will buy a WFP-branded product from Balenciaga, you will be making a tangible difference for people in hunger-stricken parts of the world, whether helping them recover from disaster or build strong futures. For example, purchasing a cap means WFP could provide more than 200 packets of high energy biscuits to people in an emergency.*

From August 25, 2018, until February 1, 2019, Balenciaga will donate 10 percent of the sale price of each WFP-branded product sold in all Balenciaga stores and online as well as 10 percent of the suggested retail price via interested business partners carrying these products worldwide. In addition to this, Balenciaga has already donated US$250,000 to support WFP in its mission to save lives and change lives around the world. All donated funds will be used according to greatest needs.

*It costs US$24 for 200 high-energy biscuits. WFP does not endorse any product or service.

About the World Food Programme

The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide.

In emergencies, WFP is often first on the scene, providing food assistance to the victims of war, civil conflict, and natural disasters. WFP also works closely with people affected by hunger to improve their access to nutritious food throughout the year and build resilience so they can focus on their futures.

While the international community has set a goal to end hunger, achieve food security and improve nutrition by 2030, it cannot do it alone. WFP is funded entirely by voluntary donations from countries, companies and people like you, and your support will help break the cycle of hunger and poverty.

Learn more at www.wfp.org
Balenciaga.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->