Balenciaga F/W 2019.20 Paris

There’s one thing that I love, it’s pant suit with sandals. I’m a sucker for tailoring so the first few 7 looks put a smile on my face and since I gave up on Balenciaga few seasons ago, i suddenly had the desire to go check that in the store....

And then, the usual crap started.
It might be an unpopular opinion but at this point, I don’t think that it will be necessary for Kering to renew Demna’s contract.

I gave up watching the live stream. The lighting is downright annoying and takes away the attention from the clothes, which probably what he wanted anyway considering the parade of ugliness this show offers.

He’s not interested anymore. The only thing I liked are those Lutz Huelle-inspired oversized Sleeves, the rest ? nothing much to say

Possibly one of the most irritating shows I've seen in a long time. Perhaps that awful light display at the start was done to mask the sheer mediocrity and lack of design going on. I felt sorry for anyone who watching who may be epileptic.

This is possibly his worst collection at Balenciaga so far. While I'm not a fan of his, I did think his first few collections were promising but this? He's on complete auto pilot now. What exactly is the point of having over a hundred looks of ultra basic outfits; some that should never see the light of day let alone at a brand like Balenciaga.

Collections like this are the reason why I've been getting less enthusiastic about fashion in general. It's all about the "influencers" and quick cash grabs. With Balenciaga, it's even more annoying as this was once an aspirational brand that set itself above the rest; in a world of it's own . Even at Ghesquiere's worst, there was always something interesting to dissect and admire. Even Alexander Wang had more oomph. I hope he's booted out soon. This brand needs a real designer, not a stylist who looks like he's gone to a thrift shop and picked the ugliest outfits and fitted them awkwardly on these poor models. Let's not even talk about how cheap they look and feel in real life.

At first sight, I was relieved in seeing that Demna, pretty much like Hedi, was trying to do something slightly different from his usual routine: more tailoring, more conservative looks, more considered proportions...but at a closer look, there seems to be very little in terms of genuine creation: the shoulder treatment of the first jackets reeks of Martin Margiela (and then Lutz), the pinched fabric around the shoulder of the coats and tops in the mid section has something in common with stuff I've seen Y Project and Comme Shirt doing lately...
At this point it's obvious that the post-irony and post-originality mumbo-jumbo Gvasalia dishes out at every interview only serves the purpose of hiding his complete lack of ideas.

When the second and third-tier fashion customers will have enough of the Triple-S sneakers, the brand is gonna be in serious trouble.

I thought tailoring would be the direction they should have gone for, but it's so clear now that it doesn't work anymore. It's like those tailored looks were meant to be sharp yet they look so wrong and there are some problems with the construction of the garments. The rest is just so awful that it doesn't really deserve to be described in any way.

ok, another stellar collection from Demna. Somehow he only keeps getting better and better!

What? This collection was awesome! You guys are all crazy! You just love to hate.

I’m strangely feeling very positive towards this, although this all looks very basic from ones perspective, I also feel like he’s finally delivering well tailored clothes and also a more refined styling of each look without excessive layering and clusters (re: f/w 2018). There’s many looks I enjoy especially the coats, pants and some of the footwear.

It hasn’t been this happy over a collection since his first F/W collection at Balenciaga, it’s a shame he can’t step up to this level of sophistication with his mainline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->