Balenciaga Mens S/S 10 Paris

the skirt pants make me think about byblos' ones, for summer 07 if i'm right...they're really similar !

I love this too much and need... yes need... it all!!

I love the collection, but I don't really get the idea of skirt-pants. They don't go well with these precisely tailored pieces.

I wasn't that big a fan of Hedi's Dior and even I can tell. tee hee hee :P
But it's really quite cool. I love the sarouel pant. And I seriously think stores are going to buy it and customer might too...
...as a side note, H&M currently has a johdpur style pair of men's pants, which is an obvious influence from Ghesquiere's cut of ladies pants...like those khaki johdpurs. I wonder if they're going to be pushing this sort of style in a a year or two...:innocent:

I'm of two minds about this...on one hand, I can appreciate how well-done it all is, but on the other, this seems to be a bit off for the times where the direction is more relaxed, more volume, more spiritual and less severe. This looks so "Wallpaper", of the mid 2000s, if you know what I mean. The baggier pants trend though, like you mentioned, has definitely more room to grow...sorry for the stupid pun!:D

No, I know exactly what you mean. You also make a very valuable point about relaxed style-the fact that it's a lot more appropriate for the time..

..Super sharp style, however has always been part of Ghesquiere's vernacular (provided he has anything to do with this, or other, Balenciaga menswear collections) and I see it as a welcome addition to the pool of voices in menswear design.:flower:

I can appreciate the venture toward relaxed volume BUT THOSE SKIRT PANTS ARE HIDEOUS. On a stick model no less. And with dress shoes. ?????
One step forward, three steps back.
Besides,one can buy frivolous fashion at H&M,etc where they offer these sartorial mistakes at 50€, while the designer versions run toward 500€...that is the difference.

hmm are they re-using some designs? becouse i bought at browns a jacket just like the one on the last pic in post 9. but mine is black which is the only diference. or maybe i'm really confused with the seasons haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Balenciaga Menswear Spring Summer 2010

source : wwd

Attachments

• balenciaga01.jpg
    balenciaga01.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 8
  • balenciaga02.jpg
    balenciaga02.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 8
  • balenciaga03.jpg
    balenciaga03.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 9
  • balenciaga04.jpg
    balenciaga04.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 9
  • balenciaga05.jpg
    balenciaga05.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
  • balenciaga10.jpg
    balenciaga10.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 9
  • balenciaga09.jpg
    balenciaga09.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 6
  • balenciaga08.jpg
    balenciaga08.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 4
  • balenciaga07.jpg
    balenciaga07.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 5
  • balenciaga06.jpg
    balenciaga06.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 8
source : wwd

Attachments

• balenciaga15.jpg
    balenciaga15.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 6
  • balenciaga14.jpg
    balenciaga14.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 9
  • balenciaga13.jpg
    balenciaga13.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 7
  • balenciaga12.jpg
    balenciaga12.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 7
  • balenciaga11.jpg
    balenciaga11.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 9
  • balenciaga16.jpg
    balenciaga16.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 7
  • balenciaga17.jpg
    balenciaga17.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 5
  • balenciaga18.jpg
    balenciaga18.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 5
  • balenciaga19.jpg
    balenciaga19.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 8
Yeah, it looks like it's to conceal the buttons, you put your hand in what looks like the opening and pull the buttons through, so they end up being concealed.

ahhhh a place to put your hands through :-O that makes sense

thanks guys

i've seen Marni do this too in their men's line.

I just don't see the "Balenciaga girl" dating the "Balenciaga boy"

Maybe she's not supposed to? Maybe the "Balenciaga boy" is dating the "balenciaga boy"... either way this collection is still lacking.

Step it up N.G.

I just don't see the "Balenciaga girl" dating the "Balenciaga boy"

Maybe she's not supposed to? Maybe the "Balenciaga boy" is dating the "balenciaga boy"... either way this collection is still lacking.

Step it up N.G.

or maybe the balenciaga boy isnt interested either , this collection is lacking , his previous ones have been better

I can see the Balenciaga boy going on a date with the Dior girl and exclaiming "Omfg, SNAP!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"