Balenciaga Or Lanvin

ALAIA GIRL

Reaction score
HI EVERYONE

I NEED YOUR HELP. I WANT TO BUY A NEW BAG BUT I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE I SHOULD BUY BETWEEN THE BALENCIAGA MOTORCYCLE IN BLACK OR A LANVIN BAG. IF YOU HAVE A BALENCIAGA OR A LANVIN, COULD YOU TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE LEATHER QUALITY BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT THESE BRANDS BEFORE. I HAVE SEVERAL CHANEL BAGS AND VUITTON AND I WILL SOON HAVE A KELLY AND I REALLY LOVE GREAT LEATHER.

I REALLY LOVE THIS ONE BY LANVIN:

http://www.barneys.com/images/products/1_42551_ZM.jpg

THANX BYE

i think the qualities are comprable however i think that you will be happy with the lanvin much longer than the balenciaga simply bc the balenciaga bag is kind of over with.

I really like them both but I am coming to the conclusion that a more annoymous bag is the way to go. I am a bit bored with 'it' bags. I saw the Lanvin bags (although not that one) recently and thought they were really gorgeous.

I concur with mikeijames!

thanx ! !!

i really wanted an advice on the leather because i have never seen or touch a balenciaga .
Everytime i see a pix of the motorcycle bag, i find the leather kind of strange, it seems to be old.
I have to say that i really love the lanvin collection. I will buy a lanvin, maybe next week. I live near Monaco so i will buy on there coz there is a store.

THANX AGAIN

:wacko: :doh: :doh: Just realised I can't spell - anonymous...

i'm with those above me...the bags are comparable in quality...and price...it's really just a matter of personal preference...that is not my favorite lanvin bag personally...we have a thread on lanvin bags somewhere...

anyway...i really prefer to have something a bit more indvidual and unique...so I would opt out of both and go for something less obvious ...if you know what I mean...

i also like a bag that gives the option of carrying low or over the shoulder...the balenciaga is really a handbag...and the lanvin chain might be uncomfortable if you put too much in it...i know some people who have chanel bags that say the chain strap is painful...plus the lanvin is a bit too similar to the chanel for me...although it's still very nice...

i don't know if that helps at all...

:P :flower:

Originally posted by ALAIA GIRL@May 26th, 2004 - 5:51 pm
thanx ! !!

i really wanted an advice on the leather because i have never seen or touch a balenciaga .
Everytime i see a pix of the motorcycle bag, i find the leather kind of strange, it seems to be old.
I have to say that i really love the lanvin collection. I will buy a lanvin, maybe next week. I live near Monaco so i will buy on there coz there is a store.

THANX AGAIN
near monaco? :woot:
the lanvin store got a white one i saw the other day. quite pretty :wink:

Originally posted by Spacemiu@May 26th, 2004 - 10:13 pm
I prefer balenciaga to this lanvin
i agree with SPACE!
balenciaga is in my eyes much more versatile than the lanvin bags..
balenciaga has proved to be more than an "it" bag and the shape also is more appealing and practical IMO.
the leather of the lanvin is ok. but its quite rigid :unsure:

i like the lanvin. the lariat is nice but it's somehting i would get easily tired of. plus it's too "casual" to my liking. i can see myself wearing a lanvin in 20 years, whereas the lariat would stay in the closet :shock:

I have a balenciaga- I quite like it :heart: and carry it almost daily and I'm usually someone who switches bags around! The leather on it is a bit "odd" in that it is not buttery smooth but the leather has proven to be excellent day to day as it is rather resilliant, I don't worry about scratches, it is not too old lady for my tastes (I'm in my early 20s). I don't really feel that it is overexposed, largely because it is not something which I've really seen copied tons and I do see other girls with the same bag but in different colours. I'm too embarassed to carry my older vuittons etc., because of the played out factor but not so with this one.

I don't really have a take on the Lanvin...

Originally posted by softgrey@May 26th, 2004 - 10:00 pm
the ecru heaven bag is still my favorite...i have a pic of it up on my wall...that's the one i would get...i still might...but i'm trying to have self control...i really need to buy some furniture... :innocent:
I know the feeling... Stay strong! :P

Originally posted by tott+May 26th, 2004 - 4:04 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tott @ May 26th, 2004 - 4:04 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@May 26th, 2004 - 10:00 pm
the ecru heaven bag is still my favorite...i have a pic of it up on my wall...that's the one i would get...i still might...but i'm trying to have self control...i really need to buy some furniture... :innocent:
I know the feeling... Stay strong! :P [/b][/quote]
thanks love... :heart: :flower: ...i'm trying... :lol:

betweem the two, I'd pick Balenciaga since that Lanvin isn't my favorite Lanvin bag :P

I absolutely love, love, love my Balenciaga...I could give a rat's *** if it's out of season, it will continue to be my favoriate bag. When you said the leather on the Balenciaga was "old looking", you probably had seen one of the bags made with the "distressed" leather. They also made bags out of smooth leather that doesn't have that aged look to it. :smile:

I belive Dellamoda.com has black Balenciagas in the smooth leather (and other colors in the distressed leather) for $799.00, and she also sells on ebay with a reserve price of only $699.00. I have bought many bags from her, and have always been extremely happy with her service, and the authenticity. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->