Balenciaga Pre-Fall 2021 Paris

I will never stop declaring how much I hate this lazy pretentious guy and all the laughable neukölln hipster clones. But I kinda like that Balenciaga became a brand loved by tacky osmanic toys - shisha bar- tacky soccer kind of guys :D at least in Germany. Its what the brand deserves.

Maybe this is a myopic view but am I the only one that doesn't think the GAY clothes are that big of a deal? Fashion itself is very gay. Almost all (maybe all lol) of the great male fashion designers of our past were gay. Cristobal was gay. Demna is prolly gay. That's a part of Balenciaga's identity, and Parisian fashion's identity in general. I mean I wouldn't spend 1000 dollars on it but like, the outrage for gay labelling itself as gay and selling it to gay people that can afford it seems a bit much. In more closed minded communities you will be called a f*ggot for wearing Balenciaga or any other "high" fashion name without the outright label anyways. There's much more to be outraged about with Kering than a GAY hoodie imo

I have ALWAYS LOATHED this mix of streetwear and classic. and the thing is, I have never even find it original... it’s a sort of common style in London it’s been years and years, so what is Demna trying to accomplish here?

all the tailored pieces look so interesting if only he took more chances around that....

Like this collection. Always like Demna's spirit and clothes. Just hate when he blasts logos all over the clothes - would even buy some but when I see a logo I always run away.
Overall, a strong collection, a head above all other stuff we've seen in the past 6 months.

Maybe this is a myopic view but am I the only one that doesn't think the GAY clothes are that big of a deal? Fashion itself is very gay. Almost all (maybe all lol) of the great male fashion designers of our past were gay. Cristobal was gay. Demna is prolly gay. That's a part of Balenciaga's identity, and Parisian fashion's identity in general. I mean I wouldn't spend 1000 dollars on it but like, the outrage for gay labelling itself as gay and selling it to gay people that can afford it seems a bit much. In more closed minded communities you will be called a f*ggot for wearing Balenciaga or any other "high" fashion name without the outright label anyways. There's much more to be outraged about with Kering than a GAY hoodie imo

If you would come from a country where being gay could lead you to prison/being stoned or even worse, you wouldn't feel like "ha ha ha, they make 900 dollars hoodie about being Gay".
It's like Dior "feminist" t-shirts, it's just commercial BS with no actions behind.
But hey, Instagramers and TikTokers gonna like it and take cute selfies wearing it I guess.
As long as you don't to a lot of thinking, everything is fine in 2021.

Cristobal sweetie, I'm so sorry.

tumblr_otoj7eKZGC1r43ynbo1_1280.jpeg
sendommager.tumblr.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->