Balenciaga Resort 2008

Finally an excuse to use the term unbeweaveable! :woot:

Those shoes are bananas!

I love it all. The shoes look unwearable though, unless you're into some sort of Roman-BDSM thing.

the outfit with the vest is really interesting. i'm intrigued!

It just looks....uncomfortable. I wouldn't wear any of this in the heat unless I was inside the entire time. It looks constrictive. The shoe sare nice I agree but haven't we seen it before? And the headscarves....thanks Nicolas, i've never seen that before....oh wait, thats right, EVERYONE and their mother are wearing it. Boring.

This is an entire catastrophe.

looks weird and far too 'adult' from Balenciaga.. seems as they are LONGING for some clean, safe, commercial success

as for the shoes, bit too tacky to feel fresh..

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to see more pics to make sense of what he's trying to do here. To decide whether its gonna be love or hate. I like the dark purple shirt though - the volume on the sleeves feels Balenciaga to me.

caliboy672180 said:
wearability at balenciaga??

Hardly - like someone else noted, the pieces are quite heavy material-wise and as a result wouldn't work well in warm conditions. The shoes are just ridiculous (for obvious reasons).

looks weird and far too 'adult' from Balenciaga.. seems as they are LONGING for some clean, safe, commercial success

as for the shoes, bit too tacky to feel fresh..

I find it rather tacky with the printed flower silk blouse and the bandanas wrapped around the head and the big sunglasses...it does look quite Italian, as if came from Dolce & Gabbana, not Nicolas Guesquière. :doh:

And you are absolutely right about that Alejandro, the shoes do look as if they came from Dior/Galliano... I wonder if Pierre Hardy is still the designer of the Balenciaga shoes collection, because these do not look like his designs AT ALL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brier Bunny
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->