Balenciaga Resort 2014

It's a lovely collection, but the elephant in the room, and what seems to be Wang's Kryptonite, is color. It's another black and white collection that really has little to no life. Some of these looks would be better suited in strong pinks or yellows-even a print. I'm not asking for a lot of color, but as this is a resort collection, a little pop of color wouldn't hurt here or there.

My faith for Wang just got back and it's stronger than ever.
This is a amazing collection and it's so much better than his fall one.I don't mind that's entirely BW cuz the looks are so chic, simple and beautiful

Not bad, much better than his debut collection infact, but still no where near NG's work. This black, white and grey palette is getting old, I hope he does color.

The pieces are either totally stellar, innovating, and exciting or ridiculously, horrendously unflattering.

I think the setting and the styling definitely helped make the clothes look good. There are some very nice pieces in there, and as mentioned above, some horrible pieces as well. So no happy middle ground here. I think he really delved into the Balenciaga archives and reintroduced the old master's love of shapes deriving from clergy wear and the underlying Catholicism in them.

Colour seems like an uncomfortable element for Wang, still in tranquil, monochromatic state. I guess he's still settling in, a little more leniency in allowing him to expand his palette. I like the contrast of the round forms and the angular folds. My favourite has to be those bandeaus that look like super crop top bolero hybrids. Not a fan of the coiled accessories and those glamourized bucket hats.
The multi-angle monitors happening in the background was a nice touch too, reminds me of Hilary Lloyd's work.

these hats seems so familiar to me. aren't they anything we've already seen before?? at prada, marc jabcobs, marni? or was it balenciaga itself???

although i still remain team ghesquiere, i love how alexander wang has approached the balenciaga archives with a degree of reverence and faithfulness. these clothes have a quiet confidence and a renewed elegance that feels refreshing -- not to mention unexpected given his work at his eponymous house -- after some of the more streetwise commerical outings presented by ghesquiere toward the end.

Tres chic!!! as much as I love Nicholas, but this is great. A breath of fresh air, he did it so right on point. It is interesting to see the next collection to come.

Very chic! If I were a girl, I went crazy to hunt these collections! Amazing

a lot of this is actually better than the sh!t Nicolas has pulled in the last few seasons (excluding his final Resort collection)

bravo Alexander. bravo.

Alexander Wang surprised me once again. I was very skeptical when he was firstly nominated creative director at Balenciaga, but after two amazing collections coming from him, I must admit that he is the perfect fit for the brand. I adore the modern minimalism and the construction of the clothes, very modern and fresh. Can't wait to see someone like Vanessa Traina or Rooney Mara rocking the hell out of these dresses! :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adspttsa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->