Balenciaga S/S 11 Paris

Was it just me or was the casting and the incoherence of the hair styles completely distracting to the collection?

I find the clothes to be appealing in their cuts and construction but I really hate that he had not even one pair of heels. A Balenciaga show is not a Balenciaga show unless the girls wear a killer pair of shoes. I'm sorry if that sounds ridiculous, but its just what I associate with the aesthetic.

I see a lot of the Japanese designers of the 80's / 90's in this. Especially at the start. I'm not sure if it works at Balenciaga. It seems like a strange fit, no?

Wow this looks amazing so far, can't wait!

From what I can see- an ugly collection, with awful shoes. But I'd like to see HQs, maybe the details look better.

It's even worse than I expected it to be.
All this repetition just destroys it and makes it so boring!

I find the clothes to be appealing in their cuts and construction but I really hate that he had not even one pair of heels. A Balenciaga show is not a Balenciaga show unless the girls wear a killer pair of shoes. I'm sorry if that sounds ridiculous, but its just what I associate with the aesthetic.

I see a lot of the Japanese designers of the 80's / 90's in this.

I'd have to agree to this. Those rugged boots are a big no for me though I'm interested in the brogues. But to be honest, I'm disappointed that ALL were flats.

I'm also getting a 80's- early 90's vibe from these pieces and the whole punk vibe. Hmm.. I'll wait for HQs first.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's been said that he likes to work on a new technique season after season, but this looks like just F/W 10/11 with houndstooth prints.

and houndstooth is one of those prints where after a certain size, it becomes unattractive.

I've seen ugly Balenciaga collection but this is actually one of the worst :lol:
There's absolutely no depht in it!
...ugh those printed dresses are so cheap :sick:

Was it just me or was the casting and the incoherence of the hair styles completely distracting to the collection?

I see a lot of the Japanese designers of the 80's / 90's in this. Especially at the start. I'm not sure if it works at Balenciaga. It seems like a strange fit, no?

I agree...
How can this
stilettos_balenciaga_2.jpg

chaussuresmode

became this
Balenciaga006.jpg

nowsfashion

When I see a collection I compare with the past collections because I know what the designer can do and why he is famous for...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking at the collection for a while but I still can't decide on a verdict. I mean on one hand it's Ghesquire's signature cuts and shapes but on the other hand the shoes and the hair are just so confusing.
Ghesquire is smart. His aesthetic isn't conventional but he usually knows how to present his clothes with luxury and taste that will still appeal to the everyday buyer. This however is rather....strange. I dunno..."strange" is the only way I can describe this.

i get Camden Town meets Yamamoto vibe from this.
hate the shoes (except for those white ones with the red on it, those are amazing), but overall i find the collection amazing, weird, but amazing.
what can i do... :heart:

herringbone in spring wtf ??? lol
this is the worst balenciaga collection ever lol

Big houndstooth = very 80s. I liked the little vests with zippered details.

I usually like a Balenciaga collection instantly, but this is giving me a hard time; i was certainly not expecting this result. Not the best ive seen

I guess we were warned by the resort collection about this mess? I'm not a big fan of anything other than the last couple of Helmut Lang-esque looks, which were absolutely lovely. (Sans the boots, obviously.) I get that Ghesquière must've been inspired by London punk/80's Japaanese designers, but did he try to alienate his fans? A lot of this seems just aggressively ugly, and I'm not impressed. Kind of excited to read what Cathy, Suzy, Hilary, et al. have to say about this, however. I'd like a little context.

On the upside, the music was good? (Though I've started to blame some of these less-than-stellar collections Ghesquière's been doing lately on the Hôtel de Crillon... seriously his old, bare space worked much better than this bourgeois nightmare.

Lukewarm collection. I'm diggin the boots and some of the shirts and dresses.

By: Amy Odell

30_balenciaga4up_560x375.jpg

If fall 2010 was the season of the curvy (by fashion standards) model, is spring 2011 the season of the pregnant model? Has the embrace of full breasts given way to an embrace of bellies full of life? Miranda Kerr is the second officially pregnant woman to appear on a major European runway this season, after Abby Clancy walked Giles Deacon with her pronounced baby bump. Kerr and her growing fetus landed on Balenciaga's spring 2011 runway today, along with supermodels like Gisele and Stella Tennant and random cool-looking people with spikey hair whom Nicolas Ghesquière plucked from the street. The street casting fit with the punk collection, which included studded leather belts, houndstooth prints, backless tops, fringed rubber-soled sandals, layering, and Balenciaga's signature futurism.

The Telegraph's Hilary Alexander spoke to Ghesquière:
"It's going to be a boyish season," said Balenciaga's Nicolas Ghesquière, after his spring/summer 2011 showing at The Crillon this morning, "so I wanted a twist on a man's wardrobe; the masculine side of a woman is very intriguing."​

The collection "borrowed from the music scene", tapping into various "band" stereotypes, such as the rocker, the punk, the goth, the heavy-metal thrasher, interpreted with Ghesquière's masterful and quirky interplay between faux and real fabrics, man-made and natural fibres.​
So Burberry's Christopher Bailey won't be the only one to do studded leather this season! All of you who aren't excited about orange caftans are saved.

nymag.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"