Balenciaga S/S 11 Paris

Im loving the shoes to death!!
I want every pair...wont feel funny buying these women shoes hahah

The clothes have the dimensions that look great but the houndstooth doesn't grow on me though the last part was nice but overall, I don't feel it. I always am like "OMG I love Balenciaga!! This is super great!" when I only see a look. With this collection it doesn't wow me or anything.

Was it just me or was the casting and the incoherence of the hair styles completely distracting to the collection?

I find the clothes to be appealing in their cuts and construction but I really hate that he had not even one pair of heels. A Balenciaga show is not a Balenciaga show unless the girls wear a killer pair of shoes. I'm sorry if that sounds ridiculous, but its just what I associate with the aesthetic.

I see a lot of the Japanese designers of the 80's / 90's in this. Especially at the start. I'm not sure if it works at Balenciaga. It seems like a strange fit, no?

that's what i thought! the clothes are not bad at all but something about the setting, the casting, hair, makeup, shoes.. did not work together. i think that's what .. i don't want to say cheapen but it loss the balenciaga luxury that is usually there.

i can't believe he's referencing punk though :( and i can't believe those looks with studs and leather is coming back.

not a huge disappoint, but not his best. reminds me of his earlier more "masculine" work. like season with the robotic metallic leggings :lol: loved that show, i don't know why i'm comparing it. that show was 100x better than this :flower: he's to next season..

I actually really like this collection. I see a lot of mixed elements that are typically Ghesquiere-esque...like a mix from recent seasons looks; leather plus sheer draped fabric is like S/S 2010 + F/W 09 to me. I really love the textures in the tops and in the shoes...fantastic!

I really like it too. Those patchwork blouses are to die for and that dress on Gisele is amazing.

Not my favorite collection, or the true, don't liked much.
It seems the collection was divided into three parts, I liked most of the lastest looks, like the ones worn by Gisele and Freja.

I'm sure Ghesquiere will regain his footing during the FW season. He always does.

Sidebar: The shoes are SICKENING!!

it's a bad redone of fall 2010, I don't know why people hate the idea then but love the idea now, especially when it's getting craps this time.
basicly the whole collection is saying " DON'T BUY ME." but shoes are fine, I'm OK with them.(still not things I wanna buy, just like Prada hang bag that kind unflattering.)

well!!! sa,e shapes and stuff; but i find so,e of the pieces really beautiful and there's no doubt the guy is tamented and the craftsmanship is there!

I like the collection well enough but I did not feel like I was watching a collection from a celebrated and leading edge designer - I would liken it to an above average NYFW show. The repetitiveness that MulletProof highlighted in this excellent post was not a mild gaffe or error in judgment, it was really outrageous! Not just outrageous but also lazy and somewhat insulting... come on are you for real here! The closing parade was like a catalog come to life where they had multiple pictures of the model on the page wearing the same outfit in different colors, except this time it was minuscule to minor changes in design elements, I dunno perhaps that makes it more of a Sim dress up game.

Other Thoughts:
  • I liked the shoes.
  • I liked that it was a more wearable and down to earth collection.
  • I am generally not a fan of the street kid look, but I liked it here.
  • I'm a sucker for hound-stooth (and herringbone), so I am not going to object to it - I am not saying that it was derivative of McQueen, but I felt a twinge of grief when I saw the red and black hound-stooth.
  • I like the colors, those blues and reds on that hounds-tooth, one outfit had what looked like a gold overlay.
  • There were not a lot of fitted silhouettes but I like the few that there were.
  • Those untucked shirts reminded me of Baptiste's contrivedly casual look during one of his walkabouts with Karl in St. Tropez.
  • I really liked the music.

Last edited by a moderator:
By Nicole Phelps

The first thing that you noticed at Nicolas Ghesquière's terrific Balenciaga show was the casting. He opened with a trio of unknown girls with short, spiky hair that his team cast from the street, and he closed with the biggest super of them all, Gisele Bündchen. In between: Amber Valletta, Carolyn Murphy, and Stella Tennant—all of whom were very nearly bare-faced. "It was important not to disguise them. I didn't want clones," the designer said before the show.

Ghesquière made references to the house's past—a famous leaf-paneled dress of Cristobal's apparently influenced the cocooning shape of pied de coq coats; an antique clock in the Balenciaga atelier inspired a new range of watches—but this wasn't an "archive" show. Nor was it one of the designer's bold leaps into the future. The through lines here: a teddy boy-meets-punk masculinity (for the first time in his tenure at the house, Ghesquière showed flat brogues); wet-looking, plasticized textures; and, once again, the places where the handmade and the technological meet. The last dress, for instance, was finished with couture techniques near the neckline, but a laser machine made the precision cut that separated the bodice from the skirt.

"It's a reaction to a certain kind of sexiness," Ghesquière said. "It's about individuality." That's not necessarily so different from his thinking last season, but if Fall was conceptual, this produced some fantastic, utterly wearable (not just once-and-it's-over) clothes. The list is long and ranges from houndstooth outerwear with a graphic punch (the pattern made from plastic-y faux leather) to sleeveless, backless button-down shirts spliced together from mismatched neon lace to the streamlined, comparatively simple tuxedos to quilted leather moto jackets to the closing pair of spare yet technically complex dresses. Who but Ghesquière could make real life look this interesting?

style.com

more CDG than Balenciaga , its a miss but hopefully fall will be better

I may be the only one currently, but I really, intensely dislike the shoes.

Hideous.

I agree with all of you who said that this collection looks like CDG, Ann Demeulemeester and Yohji. Reminiscence of japanese/belgium designers, winter mood of this collection and how this dresses spoiled model's almost perfect body(they all looks fat) made this Nicolas collection not interesting for me and dissapointing

Well, i like this a lot. the fabric selection is great and i do actually like how strange it feels. the dresses from the middle of the collection and the final looks are my favorite ones. the cast was also amazing.
i just can`t get the shoes :innocent: i`ve never been a fan of them, even at comme des garçons.
i don`t have time to enjoy this collection as much as i wanted right now so maybe i`ll like it more after some time.

I like this collection. Very wearable. Maybe not the most exciting from Balenciaga, but i liked it. One thing I didn't like though were the shoes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->