Balenciaga S/S 2004 Paris

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
"The idea of power was what stimulated me. I wanted to make women powerful, but not sexy," Balenciaga's designer Nicolas Ghesquiere explained.

well, he did a great job with those jackets and skirts but the short dresses :blink: erhh i'm not sure really

"Balenciaga has always been associated with architecture, which is what I was thinking about with these suits," said Ghesquiere.

The designer then segued into a middle section of, by his own description, "over-decorated" dresses. These echoed some ideas he's been toying with in recent seasons, floral patterned bras and bustiers worn with multi-pleat dresses so flimsy they looked more like negligees.

"They were absolutely beautiful! Even if you'd have to be stick thin to wear them!" laughed Marianne Faithfull, one of just 200 people fortunate enough to be invited to the 9:30am presentation, staged in a jarringly bright white showroom.

quotes and photos , from FWD :flower:

some faves from the Balenciaga collection :heart:

here his print :unsure: dresses, i just love the first one - in the big picture

iam really not feeling eth first set :shock: :doh: :yuk:

I quite liek the architectual dresses alot, but the shoes where a bit of a miss, to trainerish

but overal i felt it was quit stroung with out beging to sexy, as he said, wich is some thing i love :heart:

As a whole,I'm not entirely ecstatic about this but I like some of those skirt suits has a feeling Medievel-ness. That printed dress you pointed out,I like it a bit. Still,not a big fan of over-hyped Nicolas :rolleyes:

:o those printed dresses ! this isnt the strongest collection but balenciaga
always grows on me more and more. so far i like this collection. thank you for the photos,lena :flower:

Originally posted by Scott@Oct 8th, 2003 - 11:32 pm
Still,not a big fan of over-hyped Nicolas :rolleyes:
:lol: me neither scott* :wink:

i :heart: it.

thank you!!!!!!!

the pink dresses are a little trashy though... but i love the button coats and pencil skirts... and neutral/black/white dresses. i even love the floral dresses...

Isn't that graphic artiste Fabien Baron in the audience in those last pictures posted?

Apart from the printed dresses, I absolutely adore it. :heart: Great term for the dresses, SpaceMiu - architectural is exactly how I seem them. I guess in that way though, it reminds me of Narciso, but definitely with a Ghesquière touch.

Thanks for the pictures. :flower:

i absolutely adore the white pieces. :heart:

they are my favorite. i love the details. the up close shots of the cuts and trims make the clothes so much better. :blush:

I am really excited to see Nicolas Ghesquiere's next Fall collection for Balenciaga. :woot:

I thought this collection was just a Spring copy of last Fall's collection, shown in New York. :doh: The silhouette of last Fall's suits were very similar to this seasons and the football influence, clearly, is still in those dresses just packed with colors for Spring. The body-hugging, hip-hugging details, too, were seen in their last two seasons.

While other ideas seemed fresh, such as the blazer-turned-coats and bikini-under-dresses, they apparently weren't and were clearly passe. :sick:

And why am I excited to see his Fall collection? Because, usually, when a designer's recent collection seems lazy, it could be becuase he is caergully planning for Fall. :wink:

The first jacket in the plate isn't derivative of last season, but of a few seasons ago. Ghesquière did a very similar version of that jacket in pink. :heart: I definitely agree with the rest.

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Oct 9th, 2003 - 1:04 pm
The body-hugging, hip-hugging details, were seen in their last two seasons.

While other ideas seemed fresh, such as the blazer-turned-coats and bikini-under-dresses, they apparently weren't and were clearly passe. :sick:

absolutely

Originally posted by Scott@Oct 8th, 2003 - 7:29 pm
Isn't that graphic artiste Fabien Baron in the audience in those last pictures posted?
I think so too...

A few weeks ago Balenciaga made a statement saying that there wouldn't be a show this season but an other way of presentation. Guess they changed their mind...

hmm, they had a very tiny show for just a handful of huge editors and big time buyers, one could not really call it a 'real' show somehow, it was very exclusive :ninja:

Details :arrow:

00030f.jpg
00040f.jpg

00250f.jpg
00280f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back