Balenciaga S/S 2006 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by metal-on-metal, Oct 4, 2005.

1. metal-on-metal

Suzy weighs in... Balenciaga = show of the season. Duh! :smartass: I can't even look at anything else anymore. Dior, Westwood, Miyake... whatever! Nicolas has rendered pretty much every piece of sh*t from New York and Milan meaningless.

2. zamb

zamb New Member

thanks metal,

i am nominating him king for a season and i beg you to second that metal

3. metal-on-metal

^ Well, the week isn't over, but sure!

4. zamb

zamb New Member

well metal, unless chalayan or mcqueen, or theyskens by a longshot comes with something that moves you from the soul, i am willing to bet my money and property on this being the collection of the season

5. Tinuviel

Tinuviel New Member

great article! thanks m-o-m!

6. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

You got me wondering ... I found thru size 14 on the first page of my Yoox search ...

7. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

Ok, so this collection is growing on me. I think at first I was just a bit startled because I don't think I've ever seen something so "done" by Nicolas before. I mean, most of the collection is beautiful, the long lace gowns, the ivory Louis XVI jackets and cropped pants, the fitted trousers/blazers (I could've lived without the first few white dresses, they just didn't seem to fit with the rest of the collection)

I'm dying to see Style.com's detail photos, some pieces I just want to see up close.

One thing is for sure though, this was probably Nicolas' bravest collection in a long time.

8. kiddokiddo

kiddokiddo New Member

The collection's so good it should be illegal...I love the opulent approach and the almost couture like detailing; the silhoutte is mind-blowing and the intepretation and Victorian clothes, the tailoring are impeccable and original...Bravo, it was the best visual orgasm so far of the season...:heart: :heart: :heart:

9. birdofparadise

I love how this collection just makes the current emphasis on clean minimalism look just plain hungry. This is overbearing, sensual and passionate, a very nice surprise.

10. Tushka_BeLLa

Tushka_BeLLa New Member

I really want the tank with the pearls ... how much do you estimate it will retail for?

11. battles

battles test pattern

i'm with you zamb, without a doubt... this is the best collection of the season, and ghesquiere's best.

12. Zazie

Zazie Active Member

I'm definitely with the minority here.:) This looks too much like a costume theme party, but beautifully and expensively sewn of course. Not one new idea here about the century we are living in, and how women want to look today, i.e. not like Marie Antoinette, or am I missing some important new milestone??? Valentino, McQueen, even Undercover have done frou-frou to death this past few seasons anyway. So what's new?

I've nothing against frills - when NG first did it in '93 amidst the Prada-esque minimalism, it was geuninely breathtaking, as there was a mix of punk/baroque sensibility and the frills were distressed but beautiful, a bit glam rock, the cut and construction were a bit of a puzzle that makes you want to take a closer look. This collection is just very elaborate frou, straight out of a period film, as someone mentioned.

Opulence always has its appeal, of course, rococo and baroque are still the most preferred decor of any age, but it's not taxing on the imagination.

I already own lace blouses and victorian jackets, so there's nothing here that makes me drop my jaws. I wonder if Rochas, YSL, Lanvin are headed the same way. Paris in a "let them eat cake" mood?:unsure:

13. LeLuna

LeLuna New Member

gah beautiful like crazy

14. urd

urd New Member

I'm looking at it again and the collection is even better that I remembered. I'm so sad I can't afford to buy any of it :(

15. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

I'm not quite sure on this. I find the pants quite Gucci to be honest. and those stripes-makes me think of a clown. However I do find his take on victorian/edwardian/rococo to be quite fresh. I'm not sure I see a correlation between that and the pod dress. It is a very beautiful collection, but I'm still trying to make sense of it. Agree that the prices will undoubtedly be sky-high but you can see the quality within it.

16. Alura

Alura New Member

J'adore! J'adore! I love Balenciaga, this almost made me cry of delight (ok I may be a bit of a whimp today ;).

17. fnt

fnt New Member

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love it.

18. Caffeine

Caffeine Active Member

yoox is very misleading. They call size FR34 a size 4 :sick:
    B's FR34 is indeed smaller than a size 0 in America :ninja:

19. Caffeine

Caffeine Active Member

YOu meant the Tshirts? those are hand work :flower:

20. indie