Balenciaga: This Is Unbelievable...

Jesus, that's almost as unbeleivable as the fact that I've been at my desk since nine o clock this morning and I still haven't done any work...

How can they sell that with a clear conscience?

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jan 11th, 2004 - 8:28 pm
How can they sell that with a clear conscience?
I think the question is, how can anyone buy that with a clear conscience?!?

its not worth it....

If I was a women I prob wouldn't buy it if it was 100 dollars

Originally posted by blumarine@Jan 12th, 2004 - 12:32 am
Ring-ring!
Lil Kim? We got something in just for you!
Hehe... :P By the way, does anyone else see a face in it? See, bust coverings are the eyes... :blink:

it looks like a little girls ballerina costume...the suits were much much better in this collection :wacko:

That poor model looks slightly bewildered. She looks like she's thinking "Ookay...if they like it...and at least I'm making money here..." :rolleyes:

:lol: will serve well all the balenciaga victims.. :P

Actually with the construction and fabric it looks a little bit worth it (Just remove a few thousand dollars). :flower:

I think it's cute, but yeah, it's insanely overpriced. Balenciaga was always over-expensive anyway... I wonder how much those new shoes are....

where'd you find out the price? I wanna know what the price of some of the first peices in that collection are (i think they're great)

Originally posted by Nader@Jan 12th, 2004 - 1:05 am
I think it's cute, but yeah, it's insanely overpriced. Balenciaga was always over-expensive anyway... I wonder how much those new shoes are....

where'd you find out the price? I wanna know what the price of some of the first peices in that collection are (i think they're great)
Bazzar

There are some pieces that are'nt that expensive some suits are in the 3000-5000 range and the hot pants are 525

Balenciaga's main runway pieces have always been insanely priced. I honestly don't know where they come up with $15,000+ dresses? Does someone honestly sit down and figure out these prices?

I'd much rather break out spring 02's $20,000 patchworked masterpiece.

1.jpg
1d.jpg

That is, if I owned it. :cry:

this is typical price for highly constructed balenciaga dresses. the ruched tulle-inspired dresses from last spring were around seventeen thousand. i personally don't find these babydoll dresses that desireable but i can see where a lot of work would have to go into them simply because if you look at the detail shots, they are concaved pretty closely to a woman's actual curves...which translates into many fittings and lots of reworking...and time spent at any fashion house always adds to the price.

with all that said, i think that the price also has to do with how few of those dresses will be produced. the price is kept high to keep the demand lower. for all of those wanting to participate in this look, i am sure a number of retailers will be copying it soon.

Mike is right.

Clearly a lot of work has gone into these. I still think it's overpriced, but I can appreciate the construction and the thought that has been put into this look.

If I had $15,000 to blow on a dress right now, I'd surely choose something from the spring Balenciaga line over some sequined Cavalli or Versace mess.

17.jpg
17d.jpg

Good construction or not,that's still an outrageous price. Yohji Yamamoto doesn't even have that large of a price on alot of his dresses,not even some of his coats--and he's notroious for brilliant construction! Even those patchwork pieces are not worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"