Balenciaga: This Is Unbelievable...

I really liek the dress, veyr wellc onstructed, btu still 15,000 is a bit absured :rolleyes: : :shock: :doh:

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Jan 12th, 2004 - 8:47 am

If I had $15,000 to blow on a dress right now, I'd surely choose something from the spring Balenciaga line over some sequined Cavalli or Versace mess.

Very true....

I don't care how much work is needed in that dress and it's Balenciaga, it's plain ugly :ninja:

a little OT but i got my Balenciaga wool slacks for 100 bux and it wa s abit of a splurge at the time.
Looking at his prices...hmm, I guess I did pretty well.

what comes to mind for me about this dress is over-constructed.
Indeed it has wonderful work on it and I would never want to trade well edited details for something ordinary. However this dress clashes with my image of Balenciaga. I think it fails because there is too much detail, too much construction, too much statement. Were it not for the model's visible mortification, she would totally dissappear -- this dress will overshadow anywoman who puts it on.

it was not created with good intention for a woman to glow.

I dont care about the price, because I wouldnt pay five dollars for that.

Originally posted by tealady+Jan 11th, 2004 - 7:34 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tealady @ Jan 11th, 2004 - 7:34 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-PrinceOfCats@Jan 11th, 2004 - 8:28 pm
How can they sell that with a clear conscience?
I think the question is, how can anyone buy that with a clear conscience?!? [/b][/quote]
Christina Aguilera is ordering ten of them as we speak!

:yuk: that almost makes me feel that Haute Couture is a mad mad business! :yuk: What the...???!!!

Originally posted by brian+Jan 20th, 2004 - 4:40 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ Jan 20th, 2004 - 4:40 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by tealady@Jan 11th, 2004 - 7:34 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-PrinceOfCats
@Jan 11th, 2004 - 8:28 pm
How can they sell that with a clear conscience?

I think the question is, how can anyone buy that with a clear conscience?!?
Christina Aguilera is ordering ten of them as we speak![/b][/quote]
:lol: :P :lol:

Hmm I remember going to a Barney's New York Outlet a few years ago and seeing a Balenciaga dress for $100-200 :blink: . I believe it was from the Spring 2001 collection. Now I'm wishing that I bought it! :doh:

the pricing of the dress is so absurd, it's almost funny

That is absolutely ridiculous! That thing looks like a reject costume from a sci-fi movie. :alien:

i'm a retailer and still i wouldn't want to buy it. not because of the price, because its very good material and detailing is still a fraction of the dress' making. it's more of the fashion house trouble that made it expensive. good luck to the balenciaga team. yey. and we're just talking about that "eye" dress. for my first thread? tsk tsk tsk...:doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
metal-on-metal said:
Balenciaga's main runway pieces have always been insanely priced. I honestly don't know where they come up with $15,000+ dresses? Does someone honestly sit down and figure out these prices?

I'd much rather break out spring 02's $20,000 patchworked masterpiece.

1.jpg
1d.jpg

That is, if I owned it. :cry:

this is where all the scraps from the factory floor go.

the design is certainly different.
now where they get off thinking someone will pay that much and *shudder*actually wear I couldn't say.

there are some aspects of the dress that are really well thought out, but as a whole... it's just not working.
maybe their first mistake was trying to give a size 0 model hips... I mean, oops did i say that?

purplelucrezia said:
Hehe... :P By the way, does anyone else see a face in it? See, bust coverings are the eyes... :blink:
Ive been seeing an owl, the big eyes, that slit that looks like a beak and those black straps...At least Im not the only crazy one.

I think it looks like Dr. Zoidberg from Futurama :ninja:

zoidypic3xv.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->