Balenciaga Winter 2022.23 by Daniel Roché

Zorka

Reaction score
Kim Kardashian

Numéro Digital Edition

Ooooof, it’s so bad I love it, and that’s the sort of reaction they were probably going for with this.

You'd think with how uninspired their clothes are at least they would amp it up in the ad department, cause obviously they have the budget, but hiring Kim (who never looked so obviously short) and Alexa (who could've worked if either her makeup or mood matched the styling) to stand there giving absolutely nothing to the camera seems to be the priority in the house of Balenciaga... pathetic, really. The last photo of that boy literally looks like an image you'd find over at UNICEF in an article about activist kids who pick up trash on the beach after school to save the oceans. I don't see the art or appeal (if there is any) in this at all.

You'd think with how uninspired their clothes are at least they would amp it up in the ad department, cause obviously they have the budget, but hiring Kim (who never looked so obviously short) and Alexa (who could've worked if either her makeup or mood matched the styling) to stand there giving absolutely nothing to the camera seems to be the priority in the house of Balenciaga... pathetic, really. The last photo of that boy literally looks like an image you'd find over at UNICEF in an article about activist kids who pick up trash on the beach after school to save the oceans. I don't see the art or appeal (if there is any) in this at all.
It's not for the art, it's for the dEmOcRaTiSaTiOn.

I wonder how long they'll keep milking Kim for the brand. I think everyone's a little over it at this point. On another note, it's a nice surprise to see Big Matthew. Hopefully he gets some more recognition now.

BALENCIAGA WINTER 2022.23
Photography:
Daniel Roché
Models/Celebrities: Kim Kardashian, Big Matthew, Khadim Sock, Alexa Demie & Kim Yeon-Koung

Without logo:

dazeddigital.com; hypebeast.com

I actually love it apart from the shot where the guy looks like he's freezing in the moutains.

I think it's fun. Balenciaga has done this bad photoshop concept before (re: their swimwear campaign last year, their Winter 2021 lookbook -- which I believe were both also photographed by Daniel).

I like to think they keep their ads minimal in order to afford the amount of celebrity-endorsements they've taken on and their big production shows.

One day, I oddly see Demna getting some of the 2000s supermodels in a campaign by Meisel or Nick Knight lol -- as some ironic and unexpected move / tongue in cheek comment on beauty standards / a means of inspiring nostalgia.

I really like it heh and love the video of Kim omg. But the rest I don't really like the mixing of sounds it's weird

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->