Balmain S/S 2010 Paris

This is bad, such a disappointment. Trashy, it´s not summer at all, not even winter. It´s kind of nothing.

the second dress on anja looks soooooooooooooooooo bad omg. Honestly these outfits look like they were made for a trashy fantasy blue p*rn movie or some C grade flick.

lol, surprisingly, I think it is better than I thought after the whole collection posted out.... I think the trashy look looks great... :heart:

This is bad, such a disappointment. Trashy, it´s not summer at all, not even winter. It´s kind of nothing.

You are right it is really kind of nothing except clothes made specifically for partying. I think these are not quite real clothes that are meant to be worn outside of some type of social event. I guess that's what he and the Balmain customer wants? :ermm:

this is so hooker-ish it's almost hilarious to look at. :lol:
and yes kiddo, the golden skirt and top... they're still quite popular in the red district here, next to transparent platforms..

If Daria Werbowy with her immense amount of cool can't make this look good how... Whatever.

I don't understand the comments about this being 'new and fresh'? All Decarnin has done is change up the color palette, add a different shoe, and integrate American Apparel's entire supply of lamé into this collection. Essentially, it is what we've come to know and expect from Decarnin. His work has always been heavy on the trash but it was amusing @ some pt. Though with prices that astronomic, all amusing novelties have certainly gone out the window.

it's going to be another hit collection for Balmain.

maybe it will be look better off the runway, in mix with some more casual and simple pieces...but on the runway most of the pieces look so trashy :blink:

agreed. There are some great jackets here... just the overall styling is :yuk:

So dissapointing. To me, Balmain was really promising, the most exciting thing to happen to fashion in years, it was so unique in the beginning, but this collection lacks so much. So uninspired and boring, and a completely unexpected turn for Spring (not in a good way either).

i completely agree with the zena/ice skater/mad max/hooker comments. the collection looks like it was personally designed for amber rose.

Balmain represents everything that I abhor -

- tackylicious trash. check.
- overpriced rubbish. check.
- the nerve to pretend this crap is somehow meaningful. check.
- undeserved public approval. check.
- idiotic fashion victims who will eat this right up. urgh. :sick:

UGHHHHH I hate the color palette it looks "DIRTY":sick::sick:
Whats wrong with those hideous skirts?

Balmain represents everything that I abhor -

- tackylicious trash. check.
- overpriced rubbish. check.
- the nerve to pretend this crap is somehow meaningful. check.
- undeserved public approval. check.
- idiotic fashion victims who will eat this right up. urgh. :sick:

:heart::heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
why is it so.. sl*tty? how are streetwalkers appealing? i like some of the pieces, particularly the jackets and the epaulets.

Well I knew Balmain was on the verge of Christian Audegier tacky (especially when the mens collections were released) , but I always tried to ignore it and hoped for the best. I think for the time being I'm over Balmain. lol

My god, does he even try anymore?! Guess not, not one, not one damn look, dress, jacket.etc that i liked here, nothing!

I really like the leather pieces and I like many of the denim pieces. I don't care for the drapey, goddess looks.

Why, someone tell me WHY on Earth do I find myself attracted to this collection :ninja:

typical decarnin girls, but now post-catfight. how ingenious.
i like some of the jackets though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->