Balmain S/S 2010 Paris

this collection is actually exactly what I expected from balmain. this is not fashion forward or anything. but it doesn't look bad, the most important thing is that it looks good on the models, pure hollywood! hype!

Why, someone tell me WHY on Earth do I find myself attracted to this collection :ninja:

because it's amazing! :woot: i love this collection. This collection totally makes up for the past two seasons. It's Decarin at his best. It's nothing new for him, but this whole rock chic sexy girl look never gets old for me. He got rid of all the extremely tacky things, like sequins, and those awful shoulders. Balmain is finally on the right path again.

that 2nd look, the one on anya.. what normal being could ever pull that off? i hope that silly woman from vogue nippon gives it a try so i can have a nice chuckle about it.

Why, someone tell me WHY on Earth do I find myself attracted to this collection :ninja:

Of course there are some ugly pieces that I will never like, e.g. the silver trousers and ultra-short shorts but I do really like some of the pieces. The military jackets are beautiful and I really like some of the grunge pieces.
I think I'm a long way off from being a Balmain lover but I do like this collection.

i can't stop laughing at this pic

military.jpg

http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/fashion/archive/2009/10/01/omg-we-re-at-the-balmain-show.htm

typical decarnin girls, but now post-catfight.
:lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if more men were attracted to this, Dale :lol:.. it's only natural. It is the kind of clothing that causes car crashes.. reason why it's hookers' favorite. :P

i like it, expect to see it on Beyonce and Rihanna pretty soon

I dont like it... it's very trashy (as usual) and very repetitive....it's like seeing the same idea over and over again... with just a different pallette... but nothing changes

I don't get all the negativity, no it isn't great but "OMFG so BAD" worthy?
I have seen much worse garbage here by more "intellectual" designers that get praise for nothing. But yes, this is trashy but I would say that is their clientèle. I guarantee you will be seeing these pieces pop up on Rihanna, Beyonce, Madonna etc which doesn't mean its good but it does mean it works on some level unlike a lot of other things that get so much positive feedback.

Balmain represents everything that I abhor -

- tackylicious trash. check.
- overpriced rubbish. check.
- the nerve to pretend this crap is somehow meaningful. check.
- undeserved public approval. check.
- idiotic fashion victims who will eat this right up. urgh. :sick:

:DLOL:D

so tacky!

I mist admit, I like some looks (the jacket on Freja is phenomenal) that don't expose too much skin, but overall this collection is just beyond sl*tty. I especially don't like the cuts and holes on the dresses. Just tacky. :yuk:

Poor, Daria. She had to make a comeback on the catwalk...

... and it was at this show?

:rofl:

Trashy, tacky, just what Balmain girls like. :innocent:

i am so bored with balmain, season after season it's the same thing, all that's changed from the previous one is the coulours and some materials...apart from that it just looks trashy and i agree with the person who said this is not the type of clothes anyone would wear out during the day, only to parties and social gatherings.

i can see people going crazy over the boots tho

Balmain represents everything that I abhor -

- tackylicious trash. check.
- overpriced rubbish. check.
- the nerve to pretend this crap is somehow meaningful. check.
- undeserved public approval. check.
- idiotic fashion victims who will eat this right up. urgh. :sick:

basically. i'm so sick of the whole 'balmain' look, esp trashy imitations.:yuk:

I don't get all the negativity, no it isn't great but "OMFG so BAD" worthy?
I have seen much worse garbage here by more "intellectual" designers that get praise for nothing. But yes, this is trashy but I would say that is their clientèle. I guarantee you will be seeing these pieces pop up on Rihanna, Beyonce, Madonna etc which doesn't mean its good but it does mean it works on some level unlike a lot of other things that get so much positive feedback.

Why must this argument always be used? Taste is subjective. We all see and understand beauty differently. If we all loved it, what a boring forum this would be...

Beyonce would fall in love with these...this collection is tragic...just awful...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carmennprivato
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->