Balmain S/S 2019 : Olivier Rousteing & Cara Delevingne by Dan Beleiu

Discussion in 'Ad Campaigns' started by amby, Jan 31, 2019.

1. amby

amby Active Member

2. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

Oh God, no!

dfl-001 likes this.
  3. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Wtf??

In light of the me too movement, olivier/balmain cannot be bothered

Bertrando3 likes this.
  4. PierreGotha

PierreGotha Member

Tired, dated and lacks effort of creativity.

entten and dfl-001 like this.
  5. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who literally face palmed right at the moment of seeing it?

Bertrando3 and Benn98 like this.
  6. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

I.... I don't even know what to say

7. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

The Me Too movement??? Cara is obviously the one in control (ha, another Janet reference) so how is this insensitive or uncalled for in relation to the Me Too movement.

A woman and a man posing nude together does not equal sexual harrasment.

GivenchyAddict, entten and Lola701 like this.
  8. ForTheImage

ForTheImage Active Member

This is embarrassing.

Nomar, 333101, Valentine27 and 3 others like this.
  9. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Vulgar! And that goes for the actual image and the fact that he's casting himself in the campaigns now. Does he think he's Tom Ford? Why is he getting so many inducements from the execs? Could Balmain really be selling that well?

Loathe this new star designer system, and it's risky for brands to give them this much control. Stick to designing embellished, outdated fare, please.

I thought Cara is deep in Dior's pockets......

10. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

the two images gave me either Janet Jackson or Benetton vibes...

11. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Trash. Olivier, you're not Tom Ford!

kasper! likes this.
  12. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I just noticed now that this was shot by Dan Beleiu, a new guard photographer who's responsible for some stellar Vogue Portugal covers. Great for him, but this shot is awful.

13. Srdjan

Srdjan Well-Known Member

This guy is such a fame w*ore.

14. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

EXCLUSIVE: Cara Delevingne Goes Nude for Balmain Campaign

The spring 2019 campaign marks the second time the model has posed for the French fashion house.

By Fleur Burlet on January 30, 2019

BARING IT ALL: Olivier Rousteing has chosen Cara Delevingne to be the face — and body — of the Balmain spring 2019 campaign, the brand announced on Wednesday.

The British model and actress, who opened the Balmain spring 2019 show in Paris last October, strikes a pose for two daring images shot in black-and-white by Berlin-based photographer Dan Beleiu.

In one of them, Delevingne and Rousteing pose topless. The designer is depicted standing behind Delevingne, his hands covering her breasts. “It references all the iconic album covers of the Nineties, which were big pop culture moments of our childhood,” Rousteing, who was born in 1985, told WWD (Delevingne was born in 1992.)

“The campaign shows the reunion of two skin tones, one black — or mixed race — and one white,” explained the designer. “Choosing to pose naked was all about authenticity. We’re going back to basics: I wanted something pure and transparent.”

In the other image, the actress is seen entirely naked, reclining in front of a huge B, the logo initially created by Pierre Balmain and relaunched at the end of 2018 as part of the brand’s new identity.

The designer admits it was quite a unique shoot, but their chemistry made it an unforgettable moment in their close friendship.

“I love her so much that I don’t want to see any clothes on her,” said Rousteing. “Her gaze is so strong and magnetic, it’s nearly an item of clothing in itself.”

For the designer, Delevingne’s charisma, carefree attitude and unique looks seriously shook up the modeling world in the 2010s. “The campaign images are very sensual, but there is nothing flirtatious about them. Cara has such a strong presence and personality: we chose a pared-back set to let her gaze and the lines of her body do the talking.”

The spring 2019 campaign, which will be revealed online on Jan. 31, marks the second time Delevingne has posed for Balmain: for fall 2014, she appeared alongside Jourdan Dunn, Issa Lish, Kayla Scott, Binx Walton, Jackson Hale and Ysaunny Brito in campaign images shot by Mario Sorrenti.

The brand hinted that the new campaign is just the beginning of a partnership between Delevingne and the French house, with more projects to be revealed in 2019.

It’s been a busy time for Rousteing, who in the space of a couple of months unveiled a new logo for the house, launched the brand’s first app and presented his first couture collection for Balmain, paraded during last Paris couture week.

On the cards next is the label’s new flagship on the Rue Saint-Honoré, where the spring 2019 couture collection was presented last week, set to open in February.

WWD.com

15. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

one of their best collection in years and this is what they do...

16. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Its not what the photo depicts, but its as if Olivier is aloof as to the problematic issues that models face behind the scenes. Imagine the HEAD DESIGNER of a fashion brand is holding the breast of his model.

Imagine having to subject a model to the concept of someone holding her breas during the shoot?

17. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

Oh My God, they are so edgy...

entten likes this.
  18. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Such a weird campaign.
    First of all, his hands are lovely.
    That's pretty much anyting positive i have to say about it.

I find that logo awful. I know Pierre Balmain designed it but it's awful.
    I'm not a fan of Cara and the exposure of Olivier makes me hate that duo harder...

Yes, we have seen Tom Ford or Karl being the faces of their brands but Olivier took it too far.
    I'm uncomfortable of seeing a designer of a brand that is not his being on the campaign.

Balmain do sell well. A lot of blazers, t-shirts, jeans and mini dresses. It might not speak to the fashion crowd but their new parisian store is the total indication of their success.

entten likes this.
  19. DK92

DK92 Member

That's at best laughable... Was it to be sexy? Olivier failed miserably!

20. tjasmine

tjasmine Active Member

Tragic. I can't.