Balmain S/S 2025 Paris

i cant bring myself to dislike any of his works. There is something very honest and genuine in his creations. He himself is the embodiment of his works and i can see that its a very personal process for him. He is Balmain and its nice to see a brand with such longevity similar to karl for chanel.

Tragic collection, looked like one of his collection from 2018, no evolution.
Exaggerated shoulder pads and wrap skirts reissued from the Spring 2021 collection.
The tacky push on the newly released perfumes with those couple last dresses shaped as perfume bottles (TACKY), the pendants and the mini clutches all shaped as bottles.
Also, another brand jumping on the merchandising benchmark for quick easy bucks: the boots copied from Givenchy Shark Lock, the totes with belt buckle attached copied from Prada, the gold pointed heels copied from Schiaparelli...no one is doing anything remotely innovative.
The last dress with the pads shaping a female face looked like a reject from his Jean Paul Gaultier couture collection.
Seriously, if you wanna get the original Balmain from Decarnin, just go for the Attico.

I enjoyed the collection even if the pointy shoulders for Balmain and the boots are almost getting overplayed. It feels like the cast was asked to be more demure which didn't really work for the collection because even the 2000s runway stars that walked were unusually dull. I like the fact that he casts different ages and they all blend into the rest of the cast and still look like models.

No taste!! Awful offering with the tailoring suits being the only exceptions.

I love how relaxed the whole thing felt, mostly through the presence of more flou and softer tones.
Despite the fact that I hate the fact that I love the designer more than his clothes, it was another trunk show.

It lacked in direction compared to his 2 previous collections. It’s very straight to the boutique, choose what you want. And eventually straight to the Outlet.

It’s nice that Brigitte Macron came to support but this was one of his weakest show. Not worst but forgettable. He has done worst than this.

Tragic collection, looked like one of his collection from 2018, no evolution.
Exaggerated shoulder pads and wrap skirts reissued from the Spring 2021 collection.
The tacky push on the newly released perfumes with those couple last dresses shaped as perfume bottles (TACKY), the pendants and the mini clutches all shaped as bottles.
Also, another brand jumping on the merchandising benchmark for quick easy bucks: the boots copied from Givenchy Shark Lock, the totes with belt buckle attached copied from Prada, the gold pointed heels copied from Schiaparelli...no one is doing anything remotely innovative.
The last dress with the pads shaping a female face looked like a reject from his Jean Paul Gaultier couture collection.
Seriously, if you wanna get the original Balmain from Decarnin, just go for the Attico.
maybe the timing is suspect but he is referencing Decarnin mostly.

Fall 2009 balmain, not the shark boots

Gold pointed heels from his first collection, resort 2012

That aside, his collections always feel personal. He’s one of the few who is not doing one continuous collection from season to season.

He definitely updated the Decarnin pieces in his own way. Bigger, almost too much and they lack the ease and rocker vibe that Decarnin had but I like them because they are Rouesting. The JPG face rip offs should have never seen the light. They’re very crafty.

His clientele and those who maybe missed out on these looks the first time they were around will mostly be pleased.

Last edited:
I'll just keep buying Decarnin pieces 2nd hand, this is just too much :unsure: my biggest problem with his work is it never feels easy or louche, it looks like a sculpture/carapace you'd have to be welded into.

Had to watch a few of the old Decarnin shows to cleanse my eyes...this feels like Shein copying Decarinin for Balmain

Quite atrocious fit on most of the looks. I understand the concept of "ready to wear" is not going to be perfectly tailored to the proportions of the wearer, but I at least assumed it should fit reasonably well on the models who present it down the runway....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
novaeworld
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->