Banana Republic F/W 08.09 : Carolyn Murphy and Will Chalker by Tom Munro

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
from wwd...

29fe2w4.jpg

Banana Republic is 30 and the retailer is using the occasion to emphasize — or proclaim — that it’s a lifestyle brand. “We are in the process of defining the brand as having more of a city style,” said Raul Martinez, executive creative director of Banana Republic’s ad agency AR. So in its fall ad campaign, the brand went with a more well-known model — Carolyn Murphy — as its female face, versus the relative unknowns it’s used in the last few seasons.

The campaign, shot by Tom Munro at Milk Studios, will launch with a 12-page insert in Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle, GQ and Harper’s Bazaar. The lengthy insert is a first, but Peter DeLuca, chief marketing officer, said it is necessary to tell a more complete story of what the brand is about.

i'll post the mens version tomorrow...

^yea, i agree that it looks exactly like something else. it's the lighting i'm thinking. wooooooooooooah carolyn. looks striking. the title says "Will" with one "l" and not two. :flower: glad to see Will doing some work. i'm expecting it to look quite good due to such a dynamic duo ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
mens...source: gap

1z4z8eq.jpg
wco0a0.jpg

^ he looks dashing! thanks for posting kimair :flower:
the motion of his body looks a bit comical & animated, though.

one of the men's pics didn't show up...
man_whiteShirtBW.jpg

I like this, a bit plain. But I can't wait to see more. Carolyn looks amazing in the first picture, thanks for posting :flower:

These are lovely, esp. the men's shots. The Carolyn shots are a bit contrived, they do look like every other high end luxury ad, but I think that will appeal to people who want that look but can't quite afford it. There is something quite sweet and dashing though about the Men's. :heart:

I saw the video for BR's FW 08-09 and there's SOOOO much black. I think there was only one or two non-black pieces.

Banana Republic celebrates its 30th Anniversary through a classic fall advertising campaign that captures and honors the brand’s heritage of delivering the best in city style. The new campaign will focus on signature Banana Republic wardrobe elements, such as the crisp white shirt and classic chino pant while also highlighting new brand extensions, including fragrance, eyewear and accessories. ‘Monogram’, a limited edition collection that reflects the most elevated expression of the brand, is also featured in the campaign. Shot by acclaimed photographer Tom Munro on location in the West Village and at Milk Studios in New York City, the campaign features models Carolyn Murphy and Will Chalker and was styled by George Cortina. The quiet sophistication of the studio shots showcase elevated details of the garments while the location shots illustrate the vibrancy of Banana Republic’s city style.

“For over 30 years, Banana Republic has delivered affordable luxury to shoppers, giving each person a chance to discover and create her own city style,” said Peter DeLuca, Chief Marketing Officer for Banana Republic. “This campaign pays homage to the classic, yet fashionable pieces that are part of the brand’s heritage as well as customer favorites.”
Created by creative agency AR, the campaign will launch as a 12-page insert in key September publications, supplemented by print, outdoor and direct mail.
gapinc.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->