Banana Republic - The Campaign Archive

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
from fwd...the commercial is really cool...

Banana Republic takes center stage with its fall advertising campaign, using the opportunity to align itself with the work of Michel Gondry. Several years ago, Gondry, the director of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, created a 1:39 music video to accompany Gary Jules’ version of the song Mad World, originally performed by Tears for Fears. Banana Republic executives came across Gondry’s music video on his director’s reel and felt that it would be fitting for its fall ad campaign, reinforcing the notion of finding art in everyday moments.

With the launch of the company’s fall campaign comes www.FindtheArtintheEveryday.com, a website vehicle to showcase the Gondry short. As part of a promotion to tie into artful associations, there’s a page on the site where Banana Republic will be giving away free tickets to MoMA to the first 750 people who provide their address and contact information. Don Fisher, Gap Inc.’s founder, and his wife, Doris, are said to be among the nation’s largest collectors of modern art.

The New Yorker Festival, which runs from September 23-25, will present the Gondry film adjacent to the different festival events. The film will run on Friday and Saturday evenings, from 7:30pm-12:30am, at four different locations, including in Chelsea, the Meatpacking District, 2 Columbus Circle, and the corner of Varick & Spring.

little people:woot::P:heart:

thanks for posting kimair, the clip is very nice. i wouldn't have thought of gondry doing something like this, though.
has he ever done advertisement before:unsure:

Michel Gondry has directed many commercials, e.g. Gap (The Holiday Series), Smirnoff, Air France, Nike, Coca Cola and Adidas.

he also did a really amazing polaroid commercial and a incredible levi's one too. i love that gary jules video. although it doesn't surprise me that big companies such as Gap INC. would be taking this 'alternative' marketing approach, esp. w/ the tagline: find the art in everday (very spot on for the current branding/ strategy trend) , i'm a bit surprised that they chose the gary jules video. it reminds me of volkswagen's success w/ the nike drake pink moon commerical. it was so successful people were flooding the site to find out about the music(i think they still have it up at their site) and they posted info for purchasing the CD.

:heart michel gondry.
this is exciting to me. i'm a BR lover too.

I like those, keep them coming if you find any. They are simple and sweet.

i love their latest ads......does anyone have them?.....

very wholesome and lovely.....
thx for posting......:flower:....

I love the Men's ones I've seen lately. Every single outfit is something I would wear.

But I often don't get the story they are trying to create, or the wording that goes with the photos.

I'd rather just see the photos, dont give excerpts for the Banana Republic novel....or whatever they are trying to do.

Diorling said:
Kate Moss did Banana ads...WHAT?

I know! I couldn't believe my eyes, either...

I like Banana's ads. I :heart: the footwear... sandals... in the first few ads posted. What season are those ads from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fabulyss, I can't see your pics-does anyone else have this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->