Barbara and Jenna Bush

They havent cleaned up their gone wild days..they just havent been caught recently :innocent: ...

and they are dumb and just use their name to be in their internships and colleges...I got friends in Yale too and they say that Barbara is surely not Yale material...talk about riding on the coat tails of the family name :innocent:

they have SOME cute pieces, but their style is typical and nothing unique.

Originally posted by kymberlily+May 7th, 2004 - 3:28 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kymberlily @ May 7th, 2004 - 3:28 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-italianice283@May 7th, 2004 - 1:05 pm
Dumb? Hardly. If you don't like their father fine, but you dont have to criticize the girls.
BTW, Barbara interned at Proenza Schouler. Last summer, Barbara interned at Lela Rose. This summer, Jenna has an internship at Harrison and Shriftman... a publicity and marketing company.
And you think they got the internships because they were smart!!

Ha ha ha! It's all about Connections....not intellegence! After all, their father went to Harvard! [/b][/quote]
no he didn't, he went to Yale.....and they are dumb, I have friends at UT at Austin and at Yale that say they are clueless

If you could have your choice of schools, why wouldn't you? I'm no genius but if my daddy were president I wouldn't think twice about going to one of the best colleges in the country. I also don't blame them for partying. I'm about thier age and why pass one up when your young?

I guess its easy to hate them because they have been so privileged all their lives, but wouldn't you do the same thing?

Originally posted by sugarpea@May 7th, 2004 - 2:12 pm
i have friends at yale who can confirm that barbara is incredibly unintelligent which is so unfair. she got into a school that many people work so hard to get into.
having many friends at yale, you should know she's not the only one that got into yale on legacy :rofl:

as for style, i really don't see anything that special about them...very typical

He went to Yale undergrad, and then got a Masters in BA from Harvard.

Originally posted by mikeijames@May 8th, 2004 - 8:07 am

having many friends at yale, you should know she's not the only one that got into yale on legacy :rofl:

ah, youre right...i should take back my statement, they arent the only ones :P

man i can't wait to hear about that grad party on the cover of the star.

Originally posted by DeLaRentaGirl@May 8th, 2004 - 8:48 am
If you could have your choice of schools, why wouldn't you?  I'm no genius but if my daddy were president I wouldn't think twice about going to one of the best colleges in the country.  I also don't blame them for partying.  I'm about thier age and why pass one up when your young?

I guess its easy to hate them because they have been so privileged all their lives, but wouldn't you do the same thing?
:shock: .

...that's weird. i would never take advantage of my last name. there are many people out there waiting to qualify in these schools and they have to go through so many tests and study so much just to be there.... it seems ridiculous and unfair to me that some unprepared person that doesnt really care about school is automatically in because of his last name and consequently, wasting space that could be use for someone that really cares.

he he he meeeeow!Tell your dad not to do dumb stuff or you may get all the rotten tomatoes.

Because like they have control over anything their dad does?

Originally posted by MulletProof+May 9th, 2004 - 12:31 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MulletProof @ May 9th, 2004 - 12:31 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-DeLaRentaGirl@May 8th, 2004 - 8:48 am
If you could have your choice of schools, why wouldn't you?  I'm no genius but if my daddy were president I wouldn't think twice about going to one of the best colleges in the country.  I also don't blame them for partying.  I'm about thier age and why pass one up when your young?

:shock: .

...that's weird. i would never take advantage of my last name. there are many people out there waiting to qualify in these schools and they have to go through so many tests and study so much just to be there.... it seems ridiculous and unfair to me that some unprepared person that doesnt really care about school is automatically in because of his last name and consequently, wasting space that could be use for someone that really cares. [/b][/quote]
it's not as simple as having the right last name although it helps...college is not simply about education anymore, it's about getting connected with people who have the ability to forward your career somewhere down the line.

Originally posted by Spacemiu+May 7th, 2004 - 5:02 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spacemiu @ May 7th, 2004 - 5:02 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-lele@May 7th, 2004 - 11:59 am
with an obvious sense of style!
style? :shock: :doh: :blink:

pleas no [/b][/quote]
style is relative... they have their own appreciation for clothing, design, fashion even if it is not quirky and off the wall and something you would like or wear it still can be considered style. according to many on this board if it is not wild, bjorkish it is not style. ughhhhhh. :wacko:

also the privileged get privileges.... hard to accept maybe but that is not changing....

How do your friends know that she's dumb? Did they give her IQ tests? You can't tell how smart someone is by first impressions. There are different types of intelligence and you have to really get to know a person until you see that side of them. Think of times when people have judged you based on appearances or a 5 minute conversation.

As for comments about daddy's money or daddy's connections this is really hard to stomach from fashion spot members. A lot of people on this site are still in high school yet have a slew of designer items that they in no way could afford without their parents' money. And a there are many who work in the fashion industry who got their jobs through connections. Networking is a skill and you have to work hard to be good at it.

You are right banana.
It was sad when i got accepted to the best university and my "friends" told me no need to fear from being fired in the end of the semester cause my dad teaches at this school (even he's a member of a different department and no connection to mine).
Not nice.... It makes me sick!
I don't like Bush, but i don't think i have right to judge his daugthers. Let's look into the mirror but now not cause our new extra fashionable cool stylish (etc) outlook, let's care about our mind...
Sorry if it hurts somebody. Really sorry!

Originally posted by banana@May 29th, 2004 - 3:17 pm
Did they give her IQ tests? You can't tell how smart someone is by first impressions. There are different types of intelligence and you have to really get to know a person until you see that side of them.
And yet you talk of IQ tests? :lol: :innocent:

I was in Austin last weekend during graduation. Bush was in town, but didn't go to the ceremony. We were at Chuy's where Jenna got caught with the fake id. Police were everywhere-we joked that they were on the lookout for her! But she is legal now.

I think they are both cute-not amazing, but cute. Their father is an !#$!#!

i don't really think their intelligence or their personalities in any way should be a topic in this forum because no one here knows anything about them except for what they wear. regardless of people's opinion of their father these girls should be respected just as everyone else. intelligent or not - they are probably great girls in their way.
but i do agree with that much money they could dress a bit more interesting :rolleyes:

There is nothing wrong with using your name to get places in life :innocent:

I've been doing it since I was 9 :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->