Barbara Hulanicki for Topshop

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
finally!

SMOOTH AS SILK:
Barbara Hulanicki, the woman behind the Sixties and Seventies cult London emporium Biba, is gearing up for the launch of her first collection for Topshop this spring. The collection, based on a Good Girl/Bad Girl concept, features floaty pieces with tougher, contrasting silhouettes. “Until now, I’ve been working with furniture, so it’s nice to be around silky things again,” she said on the sidelines of the Topshop Unique show. Topshop has been likened to a modern-day Biba – an inexpensive, high-energy, chaotic fashion paradise for the young. But Hulanicki begs to differ. “Oh no, Topshop is much wilder,” she said.

Hulanicki is also doing a collection for American chain Bebe. it is in stores now:flower: i hope she has the rights to the Biba prints. (wwd.com)

Attachments

• hulanicki1.jpg
    hulanicki1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 24
  • hulanicki2.jpg
    hulanicki2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 13
Biba was one of the things that really made passionate about apparel. I'd be interested to see if this collection is any good...

Apparently, the collection will be out april 28th.

according to catwalkqueen.tv : The collection will include bodycon dresses and animal print palazzo pants; wide-leg catsuits with cutaway shoulders-a Hulanicki trademark, printed silk chiffon blouses and three quarter length sleeve suede jackets...

It will be a 20 piece collection with prices ranging from £20-£120....

^:shock::ermm:
sounds like she might have lost her touch or just doesn't care about fashion anymore....I don't know, we'll see.

it's online now^^ I think this collection is better than Kate's..I mean the pieces make sense together and they aren't so horribly overpriced

it's online now^^ I think this collection is better than Kate's..I mean the pieces make sense together and they aren't so horribly overpriced

I have to agree, I was surprised at the prices.

I had a hankering for the leopard print shoulder pad dress since I saw the collection online last week, so I just got it while I know the size is there! Hopefully it's as cute on as it has potential to be... even though it looks like it could be very very short :ninja:

Yeah I bought that one too^^ Can't wait to get it. I wish it was made of cotton tho and not viscose..I wonder how the prices will be on ebay ^^

I got the coral alien blob dress and the cream girl print sundress. The coral dress looks like it may be obscenely short so Im bracing myself for disappointment :ermm:

Lets hope we dont all bump into each other :ninja:

Hahaha^^ Well I'm glad I live somewhere where they don't have topshop..

I got the coral alien blob dress and the cream girl print sundress. The coral dress looks like it may be obscenely short so Im bracing myself for disappointment :ermm:

Lets hope we dont all bump into each other :ninja:

I bought the cream girl print dress as well.^_^

I got the coral dress w/ the shoulder pads and the star embroidered blouse, i have to say i really like the items from the Barbara Hulanicki collection!

How's the blouse's size?

The blouses run very large because of the flowy style. I am normally a size 12 but I was really swimming around in it, so I got a size 10. But I think I could have even worn a size 8 if I didn't want it to be so blousy. Hope this helps!

:flower:

I got the coral dress w/ the shoulder pads and the star embroidered blouse, i have to say i really like the items from the Barbara Hulanicki collection!

I wanted to try that blouse but it sold out before I could get to it. I stayed up until 2:05am and finally gave up and went to bed. Of course 20 minutes later the collection apparently went live.

one of the olsen twins was snapped wearing the star embroidered blouse (it looked like a dress on her). i think thats why it sold out so quickly.

lucy92- yeah you're probably right whihc is a bit stupid. Personally I think it looks good on her but close up it looks tacky. It reminds me of some of the KM for topshop stuff. I bought the shoulder pads coral dress as it's the only piece I really like.

I didn't think that the blouse looks that good on MK, but I still liked the blouse tho I would wear it different.

i don't like anything apart from the £55 dress , the red one i think that is cute but still too much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->