View Users: View Users
  1. eastsidecouturechic

eastsidecouturechic New Member

I suppose it DOES have to do with modeling so I'd say so! I'm going to start working with them soon for modeling/acting and I was wondering if any one here has had expierences with them, and if so, if there is anything I need to look out for?

thanks a million!

2. meowmix

meowmix New Member

sorry i know this is useless but the topic just brought back flashbacks of those barbizon commercials... :ninja:

3. LilyBird

LilyBird New Member

uhm, don't they make you pay for modeling classes? Like $1,000? I saw a convention once where they 'interview' each girl and then they say if they 'accept' you or not. It was not very exclusive seeing as everyone there was accepted and a vast majority of them were not model material (physically).

I'm just warning you, you may be out 1000 bucks with nothing to show for it later....

4. model_mom

model_mom New Member

My advise to you is don't. You will be out quite a bit of money and may not have anything to show for it. These agencies list cattlecalls in the local papers and anyone can come. The big warning sign is the money up front. This should not happen with a reputable agency. There is a thread on this site set up by AlmostFamous that lets you know the best way to get into the business. It's exactly the way my daughter got signed. Good Luck! :flower:

5. eastsidecouturechic

:ninja: I already agreed and paid and everything. The money is just for the courses, plus a fashion shoot at the end of training and a new shoot every 3-4 months for LIFE to update my portfolio and an automatic contract at the end to an agency...

does anyone have any good expierences? maybe? :flower: i hope so..... :unsure:

6. sashatheelf

sashatheelf New Member

bad idea....sorry. :(

7. banana

banana New Member

My friend signed up with them once. They just make you pay a bunch of money for modelling classes and crap. They do own a real modelling agency called Ice (not sure if it's still called that) but not everyone gets signed to it and I don't know of many models that made it big under that agency.

8. model_mom

model_mom New Member

:flower: I don't think all is lost, while you are taking their courses maybe you could also send polaroids to the different agencies or go by on their open casting days. Who knows you might get lucky. If you really want it and have the right body type and look, go for it.

9. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

I think I remember that company, they always had ads in the back of old yms... :innocent:

10. Holland_MULTIMEDIA*

Holland_MULTIMEDIA* New Member

Yup, their idea of "modeling" is sending yall out to do things like "Model" at car shows, pass out product samples at the mall, sign people up for credit cards at college football games, etc.......

My friend went to them and they made her "model" bikinis at a dance club here in Houston. Becareful!

11. Sloan

Sloan I love model_mom!

Modeling schools have a bad reputation, and modeling agencies distance themselves and make sure they are not seen to be associated with them.

Few people who attend modeling schools know that most agencies have "open calls". Usually a couple times a month, people can walk into the agency to be evaluated for absolutely FREE! Experienced agents will tell you if you have the potential to be a model or not. Just bring some snapshots of yourself (polaroids will do). I would say that this would be the best place to start.

Just my advice....I wouldn't pay Barbizon any more money...they will ask for it!

There are many complaints with the Better Business Bureau against Barbizon as well as many other modeling schools (they even sometimes call themselves agencies!)

Like model_mom said above....Read the topic that AlmostFamous replied to...she also gives some wonderful advice. Also, look on the internet and there are lots of horror stories. Just don't give them any more of your $$!

Good Luck to you. :flower:

12. ahhGucci

ahhGucci Active Member

I heard about this a few years ago, it is not a nice thing to takes someones money, give them modelling callses if they are never going to make it in the modelling world.

13. eastsidecouturechic

this is me: :( :unsure: :cry: :rolleyes: < the last on is me praying that all goes well.....has anyone here ACTAULLY gone through it? remember that I am most likely a lot younger than most of you...so maybe its different.

but thanks for yall's replies

14. LilyBird

LilyBird New Member

how old are you?

15. eastsidecouturechic

14, freshman in HS

16. just Anna

just Anna New Member

my opinion is that NOBODY should have to pay for such a thing

17. eastsidecouturechic

unfortuantely ( accorind to everyone here) i did and now am SCREWED because i didnt do it right

18. just Anna

just Anna New Member

did u pay a 1000 buckS? but are u in the programm yet? how is it this far?

19. eastsidecouturechic

i start sunday.....everyone is telling me that it is a waste of money/time but its something i beleive in....and with all of eveyrones comments i'mlike losing hope that i can ever make my dream a reality.....

20. just Anna

just Anna New Member

you paid the money already so you might aswell enjoy it now!!!!! go for it!