Bazaar Mag: Gisele Vs Daria

PussyLee

Reaction score
Gisele's got the edge, because her story was shot on location, Daria's on a simple white backdrop (studio). But In my own Opinion, Daria's got more RANGE and more movement......Daria's very flexible and stylish , I love her edgy short hair here, channeling her fellow Canadian, the great Linda Evangelista. Gisele always look the same, she just changed her expression.....I like that both of them looks Sophisticated in print. Fabulous Girls.......Daria beats Gisele on the Vogue Cover! She's the best among the bunch!!!!

if you're talking about..'about a boy' with gisele...then i have to say that coincidentally...when i saw that editorial...which is BY FAR my fave editorial this season... :heart: ...i thought to myself...the only way this could be better is if it were daria instead of gisele...gisele just does nothing for me...and daria makes me weak in the knees... :heart: :wub:

In my opinio it is a better publishing editorials of daria but I believe that both editorials do not manage to be a good publishing editorials believe that they lack something, at my opinion it must be employed mario testino in hapers to fulfil better eds

Originally posted by prixi@Aug 27 2004, 09:37 PM
Pictures please ?
[snapback]347608[/snapback]​

There, the rest of the editorial is on the site.

What I like about Daria is, she's edgier and always willing to take risks. In the above pic she looks like Linda Evangelista. Daria's got a wide range of look. Gisele remains Gisele almost in every pictorial. It's good in a way to promote herself. Daria is fearless to lose or change her look, from playful to derange, Beautiful and sophisticated to rough around the edges with eye bags and all, Daria's Fierce!

Daria certainly does have the versatility. Gisele could never carry off that short hairstyle, could she?

Originally posted by alwaysandnever@Aug 29 2004, 01:24 PM
Daria certainly does have the versatility. Gisele could never carry off that short hairstyle, could she?
[snapback]349018[/snapback]​

maybe not but imo neither can daria. to be honest i think she looks horrible in those pictures.

Originally posted by Mettchen@Aug 29 2004, 01:33 PM
maybe not but imo neither can daria. to be honest i think she looks horrible in those pictures.
[snapback]349025[/snapback]​

I agree - she's versatile, but looks terrible in that ed.

i love daria but most of the time her expression in ads and editorial is very frozen, she does the aloof beauty and ice queen look very well but other than that i don't really see her range and versility

I don't like either one too much but I prefer Gisele. Her face is flawless and I really like what she's been doing since UK Vogue June. Her Bazaar ed is Soohoo much better than Daria's. Of course I'm not big on short hair or Stam (whom I think Daria's a dead ringer for in this ed) and I am a fan of Gisele's ed paraphernelia such as street signs, cabs, leather, chains and Scavullo-hats, so...well it's not fair.

Daria's face reminds me of a ferret or weasel or something. She does have some of the best poses I've seen - like when she leans onto a wall or clings to a cigarette or preferably both wearing leather (I'm thinking of one great photo she did like a year ago or so). I just don't like her face much, I don't dislike it either, it's just not very interesting or appealing or 'wryly intelligent'.

Gisele's got the face but Daria has got the poses/body (Gisele's got a neat body as everyone knows but I like Daria's more).

As for Sept Bazaar I was frankly floored by Julia's short but sweet editorial by Alexi Lubomirski. Gawd, she is so cute and girl-next-door there. If Jean Shrimpton wasn't alive I'd think Julia was her reincarnation. I was also impressed by Caroline Winberg's dalmatian chic by Ellen von Unwerth - pretty darn cool.

Originally posted by iluvjeisa@Aug 29 2004, 07:23 PM
As for Sept Bazaar I was frankly floored by Julia's short but sweet editorial by Alexi Lubomirski. Gawd, she is so cute and girl-next-door there. If Jean Shrimpton wasn't alive I'd think Julia was her reincarnation. I was also impressed by Caroline Winberg's dalmatian chic by Ellen von Unwerth - pretty darn cool.
[snapback]349352[/snapback]​

I loved that ed. too! Isn't Alexi Lubormirski Jacquetta Wheeler's boyfriend?

I ve always found Daria always the same in every photo which means by this time im bored by her photos. Gisele on the other hand has that special something whereby she doesnt need to change her look, she already looks interesting

gisele's bazaar editorial was a bit staid but i still prefer her to daria in general. daria's bazaar editorial was a little more avant garde in that they chose to sort of rob her of one of her trademarks (her long perfect hair) and strip her of her curves by putting her in those mannish clothes. interestingly, she pulled it off wonderfully.

gisele's editorial in vogue i think spoke more to the mood of the season. she showed that androgyny is a very strong (maybe even stronger than the ladylike?) trend for fall. gisele may be a model, but she's still got the curves to make that menswear sexier than ever.

I don't know, but there's something about Daria. She looks very Sexy, Mysterious, In Control. Her eyes look SAD at times .

Originally posted by PussyLee@Aug 27 2004, 04:13 PM
Gisele's got the edge, because her story was shot on location, Daria's on a simple white backdrop (studio). But In my own Opinion, Daria's got more RANGE and more movement......Daria's very flexible and stylish , I love her edgy short hair here, channeling her fellow Canadian, the great Linda Evangelista. Gisele always look the same, she just changed her expression.....I like that both of them looks Sophisticated in print. Fabulous Girls.......Daria beats Gisele on the Vogue Cover! She's the best among the bunch!!!!
[snapback]347314[/snapback]​

I personally liked Gisele's better because of the theme of the editorial. But it was good to see Daria in a different look. I was almost bored with her until the short hair. It definitely gave her a differnt appeal

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->