BCBG Max Azria F/W 09.10 New York

Fabrics look beautiful and i love the way that some dresses are wrapping up the body so comfortably..

I think the gold and silver tights are kinda cool but I dont think they go with this collection so much, the woman who wears bcbg dresses wouldnt pair them with those leggings, I think they should save the edgier styling for the maz azria show, some of the dresses were interesting, the blue velvet cowlneck gown at the end was the highlight.

oh i love this!!! the dresses are just really gorgeous, i want all of them!

Last edited by a moderator:
what I don't like about this collection is the choice of fabric
I see nothing wrong with the cuts and the style, it's all very gorgeous but the heavy velvet is turning me off, and the gold dress in the first post looks like cheap polyester etc

oh gosh - i dont like it . First the balneciaga vibe : it's so easy to copy from balenciaga, work more yourself. And second : althought i like mini dresses for their solid and strong vibe ( along with feminine using of velvet ) the rest is boring and somethimes even cheap looking. Not good collections which suprised me coz most of the times i love BCBG

I'm surprised to see it be frequently called boring as I think it's one of the more exciting collections from BCBG in awhile. I think there are some obvious influences, but not blatant rip-offs and they're at a cheaper price point. I'm even digging the gold legs. There are a lot of pieces in here that I would love to have, I just hope they translate well to the stores!

ugh, those tights/leggings/legights need to DIE :censored:

they don't even remotely look good with the pieces! it's almost as if he's trying to emulate the bottom portion of Balenciaga s/s 09 but the top parts are completely different...ugh, no

Firstly the metallic leggings are horrible. They look so cheap. BCBG has gone worse by the season, it used to be so chic, I dunno what happened. Im disappointed.

The gold leggings, which apparently are all it takes for people to immediately say that the entire collection has been influenced by Balenciaga's S/S 07 robot collection. :rolleyes:

Seriously, is my memory failing me? When has Nicolas Ghesquiere shown drapey Grecian inspired satin, jersey and velvet? I see one cocoon coat that is reminiscent of Balenciaga (Cristobal Balenciaga that is) but seriously, since half of the fashion world has at some point or another been inspired by Cristobal's work I really think it's absurd to say that he's being uinoriginal because he was as well.

I seriously hate the tights (and find the Balenciaga comparison pretty thin at this point), but some of the clothes, though nothing special, are pretty.
I dont think the comparison is thin at all, the dresses with the knotting on the chest area are reminiscent of the
Balenciaga pieces with the flat piece on the chest then the rusching on ends, while the whole collection isnt a knockoff of looks there are some pieces that are very reminiscent of Balenciaga

Every collection of every city always has at least one person saying its Balenciaga inspired :innocent:

Some of the simpler dresses are quite nice but it's not particularly striking

The gold leggings, which apparently are all it takes for people to immediately say that the entire collection has been influenced by Balenciaga's S/S 07 robot collection. :rolleyes:

Seriously, is my memory failing me? When has Nicolas Ghesquiere shown drapey Grecian inspired satin, jersey and velvet? I see one cocoon coat that is reminiscent of Balenciaga (Cristobal Balenciaga that is) but seriously, since half of the fashion world has at some point or another been inspired by Cristobal's work I really think it's absurd to say that he's being uinoriginal because he was as well.

I seriously hate the tights (and find the Balenciaga comparison pretty thin at this point), but some of the clothes, though nothing special, are pretty.

ITA, I don't see the Balenciaga comparison either...

It does really look Balenciaga-ish a bit, imo. And actually, I liked last season better but I'm not saying it's a bad collection.
Btw, I was hoping for a better soundtrack...

Ugly, horrible
the gold leggins are a total frashion disaster, who styled this?? it's so unflattering

plus the line up of models are awfull, who knows these girls?? who are they¿?
Im tired of unknown models

I really love the voluminous coat and some of the dresses are really pretty:smile:. The leggings are kind of distracting but they are beginning to grow on me. I like that BCBG uses newer models not the established ones like Natasha Poly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->