BCBG Max Azria F/W 10.11 New York

I forgot to mention the shoes in my post, but I don't like them at all either, kinda look like prescription shoes or something. Some of the tunic/poncho things are awful but in general I like the collection.

I'm not a fan of BCBG Max Azria, but I like what I see here. Soft and light, a collection I would almost call ethereal, and that's not an easy task for winter. Well done!

i like it overall, don't know how flattering the pieces would be on a normal size person though. and the shoes are fug

I like it, but it is such a RIP-OFF of Michael Van der Ham's collage collection, down to the blues, grays and silvers. Grrr....

This is a really beautiful collection from BCBG. I love the use of color and I find the construction very interesting. Overall I think the best thing is that it's just very very wearable. I can see women keeping these pieces in their wardrobes for seasons to come.

I just realized it's the styling that's making me like this collection. If you literally take off each layer, each piece is just a nice dress/piece. Nonetheless, it's a pretty alright collection.

I like it, but it is such a RIP-OFF of Michael Van der Ham's collage collection, down to the blues, grays and silvers. Grrr....

Wow. I just looked at Micheal Van der Ham's Autumn 2009 collection and I definitely agree with you. It's a toned down rip-off.

Wow. I just looked at Micheal Van der Ham's Autumn 2009 collection and I definitely agree with you. It's a toned down rip-off.

Thank you for noticing too. :flower:It is so unfair to these young designers who are trying to make it in these difficult times. This corporate rip-off makes MVdH's design more accessible and wearable, I guess, but its so unfair.:ninja:

^
I agree it's so watered down version of such a good collection that had such meaning behind it and was conveyed wonderfully.. like you said though, it's more wearable and maybe that's a good thing?... :ninja:

^
I agree it's so watered down version of such a good collection that had such meaning behind it and was conveyed wonderfully.. like you said though, it's more wearable and maybe that's a good thing?... :ninja:

No, I actually didn't mean it after all, when I said it "might be a good thing"....I think I was trying to cut BCBG some slack, but then they don't deserve it. ^_^In the end, MVdH got no credit, no $, nothing from this rip-off of his ideas, which he no doubt spent great time and effort to develop. And agreed totally that the original was much more meaningful and fresh. Imagine he might be a future McQueen (RIP, Lee..) but getting ripped-off like this by big name brands won't help him...:sick: Least BCBG could do is to hire him to be creative director or something, or name him as inspiration, if they liked his design so much!

At least on TFS, he is acknowledged for his genius and influence on this collection, if not by the MSM.

No, I actually didn't mean it after all, when I said it "might be a good thing"....I think I was trying to cut BCBG some slack, but then they don't deserve it. ^_^In the end, MVdH got no credit, no $, nothing from this rip-off of his ideas, which he no doubt spent great time and effort to develop. And agreed totally that the original was much more meaningful and fresh. Imagine he might be a future McQueen (RIP, Lee..) but getting ripped-off like this by big name brands won't help him...:sick: Least BCBG could do is to hire him to be creative director or something, or name him as inspiration, if they liked his design so much!

At least on TFS, he is acknowledged for his genius and influence on this collection, if not by the MSM.

Oh ok...I didn't quite understand but thanks for clarifying what you said and I completely agree with everything else ^_^.

I don't see the blatant ripoff Micheal Van der Ham that people are talking about. I checked out his collection and found it to a heinous mis-mash of textured fabrics which is nothing new, plus his silhouettes with the voluminous sleeves are different from BCBG. Collage effects, color-blocking and asymmetry are general techniques that have been employed by every designer under the sun. The BCBG collection is much more fluid IMO.

I know its popular to rail against the big houses and standup for the little guy but I feel people on the TFS make rip-off claims far too often. You can look at pretty much any show and see a similarity to something that came down the runway elsewhere. It doesn't mean someone ripped off another designer.

I still cannot believe I really liked this collection. Everything works for me.

I may be a little bit biased since Max Azria is one of my favorites, yet I think this is a decent collection with highs and lows. Mainly highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"