Beach Hair

too_chic

Reaction score
sorry if this has already been answered but i didn't catch it anywhere.. i have really straight/asian hair and NOTHING i do or put in it seems to give me those beach waves that everybody has :cry:! can anybody help me achieve the look without curling irons (my hair's in great condition so I don't wanna mess w/ it)?? i know john freida has the beach waves thing but it doesn't work, and also there's frederic fekkai's wave spray so i'm thinkin of resorting to that. any other ideas? thx! :heart:

a friend of mine puts her hair in a french braid while they're wet and just leaves it in and sleeps with it like that and sometimes leaves it for a few days and then her hair is wavy... hope this works for you.

^yup. that works really well. you could always just perm your hair?

if you have naturally "stick" straight hair like me, i dont think any product will give you that wavy curl that your looking for.

if your looking for long term results i say just go with a perm.:D

yes. its so unlucky for us girls with straight hair.:doh:

What I do is use Mousse + Pomade while my hair is wet, and scrunch as I blow dry it. Then I set it with a light mist of hairspray. I have stick straight hair but that def adds texture!

i'm asian too with stick straight hair, the only time i get beach hair is if i use bumble and bumble surf spray, dont use a lot or your hair just clumps into a nasty ball, what i do is use a curling iron and put in random curls and then spray them with the surf spray then squeeze the curls and scrunch and they stay all night...its awesome stuff!

Does anyone remember the name of that spray that was part ocean water that gave you beach hair? I am searching for it,

I get 'Beach Waves' from the rain. :ermm:

Haha I know sorry not of much help here..

im asian and i have straight hair too!
but i just french braid my hair before i go to sleep right after i shower then the next morning it's usually wavy. then i use gel and hairspray to keep it that way.

I thought I'd resurrect this thread....

I've been wanting to buy this stuff by John Masters Organics...sea mist..:heart:
http://www.johnmasters.com/ingredients_ss.htm

saw it tonight at a local health food supermarket and when i read the ingredients it suddenly occurred to me that I could probably make it myself at home. [not something I normally attempt, with anything..:lol:] Anyhow, i came home and mixed organic sea salt with organic lavendar oil and filtered water in a spray bottle and, Voila!. :woot: it works perfectly ! :heart:

so I suggest giving it a shot for anyone wanting to re-create beach hair.. I hadn't thought of the lavender until I saw this product and am always hesitant to use salt because I know it can be so harsh, but the moisturising effect of the lavender makes me feel better using it. ^_^

^How much salt did you put in? I've been wanting to do this for some time :D

I have no idea..:lol: It was coming out of a grinder, so I turned it probably about 20 times ? Basically I put the salt into the water first, and tasted it to make sure it tasted like sea water..:lol: then I added the lavender.

I have no idea..:lol: It was coming out of a grinder, so I turned it probably about 20 times ? Basically I put the salt into the water first, and tasted it to make sure it tasted like sea water..:lol: then I added the lavender.
:lol:
I think I'm going to use a tablespoon of sea salt in 230 ml water and then add some Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse for the softness...and the wonderful scent of course :D

Just found this on sunflower oil, think I may substitute it for the lavender as it seems to be more moisturizing.

"Sunflower Oil – Is a rich source of essential fatty alpha Linoleic acids (ALA), a major building block for the immune system and helps to promote luster to hair and helping skin to be supple and moisturized."

Last edited by a moderator:
^Eh...I think you need to actually eat it to get the benefits :flower: I honestly think that it will make your hair very greasy.

^ I don't think that's correct...it's the same as jojoba oil, or coconut oil, or any other oil that you use to moisturize your skin/hair topically.

I don't think a drop would make your hair greasy, either. I've noticed that many hair products contain sunflower oil.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Try to read the text. Your hair doesn't eat anything, and therefore the fatty acids won't to anything for your hair at all. Except maybe making it a bit greasy. It's pretty simple.

This is what I dislike about advertising and hair products... You can claim to put in all the essential fatty acids you want (a lot of companies do this), but you have to EAT them to get the benefits. I don't want to have a sip of shampoo - honestly :shock: There's a reason that vitamin supplements doesn't go in your hair or on the skin :lol: It's so stupid (and amusing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->