Beautiful Sleepwear / Loungewear

fab_fifties_fille

crossed wires.
Reaction score
I've recently started researching into sleepwear and loungewear, as I'm quite interested in doing it for my final project at university. I feel like there is a huge gap in the market for really beautiful sleepwear. When I say that I'm not thinking boudoir, there is a lot of 'boudoir' out there, high end things like Myla and trickles right down to silky nightdresses, pj's and baby dolls on the high street.

I've had a real good search around and have been keeping my eyes open probably since about January and did a bit of a mini project on this sort of stuff, yet there's still not been anything which has stood out to me.

I was just wondering if anyone out there has found any really beautiful sleepwear or loungewear brands or lines within a brand, because none seem apparent to me. What do you feel is missing if you haven't been able to find it?

I love love love sleep and lounge wear but just feel like there's something missing. It's that putting something on when you come in from work, and not necessarily feel like you're dressing down all of a sudden....or dressing up as in the case of boudoir. When I personally think of what's missing I think quite design led yet comfortable, beautiful jerseys and cashmere knits, and possibly colours that are a bit more out of the ordinary in terms of nightwear. Comfort is definitely a factor.

Anyones thoughts or images of items you love...it can be anything to do with nightwear or loungewear because I feel it'd be nice to have a place to pool all of this.

Some nice bits from topshop.com

Slightly less obviously sexy shapes, but still fashion forward. I do love the idea of bedjackets.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 226
  • Picture 7.png
    Picture 7.png
    65 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 8.png
    Picture 8.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 1
Dressing-Gown.jpg

agentprovocateur.com

signe_02.jpg

signetolstrup-afterwear.com

Skin Lingerie

skin+lingerie+martha+stewart+show.jpg
skin+lingerie+Susan+Beischel.jpg

skin+Martha+Stewart+poet+top.jpg
skin+lingerie+wrap.jpg

Most of Skin's pieces are made from pima cotton in varying weights (from terry cloth to featherweight) and even some Fall/Winter specialty pieces in cashmere. A selection of items are made in organic cotton and dyed using vegetable dye. Any 'fur' you may see is alpaca hair, which Susan makes certain is obtained cruelty-free.

- via froufroufashionista on blogspot

Fff - the White co? And Toast does a lot of this kind of thing as does Bodas. Personally my fave pyjamas are a pair of mens ones from Brooks Bros in a size s. They are wonderful.

elle macpherson does a beautiful 'boudoir' and 'afterwear' line...i have couple of the camisoles and tap shorts

i love the skin pieces too. when i was in the states i got some lovely cashmere mix vests and cardis etc from c&c california.I find their cotton pieces are great for loungewear as well..

Kriss Soonik Winter 2011

Kriss Soonik "loungerie"
"...A Warrior by Night" - raw sophistication with sexy undertones. The AW10-11 collection has been influenced by the mysterious night, ferocious warriors and the allure of 60's Bond girls. The signature styles come in midnight black with hints of apple green and plum.

diana_main_1.jpg
inge_main_1.jpg

polina_main_1.jpg
kriste_main_2.jpg

maike_main_1.jpg
kristel_main_1.jpg

via Petite Coquette & Kriss Soonik

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member