Beauty Blender

I just wash it with liquid hand soap. I did get a sample of the BB cleanser but I haven't used it yet. Soap seems to work fine though.

I use the special BB cleanser to clean it after every use.

I too have the Beauty Blender. I love it. It gives the skin an airbrushed, flawless finish when putting on foundation. Although I got the cleanser, I have yet to use it. I've used regular 'ole Dawn dishwashing liquid and it was fine. I'll try using the cleanser next time.

I think the cleanser that comes with it works the best, but it might just be because the BB people told me so and I'm paranoid..

I got mine the other day, and only tried it once so far, but I love it! Well, i'm no make-up expert, and don't really use a lot of make-up, but i could definitely tell the difference from a normal sponge/other applicators! The result is really smooth and even, and it's really easy to use. And it's fun too, but that might just be me, hah..

I also tried it with my powder blush, on top of the foundation, and I really loved the result there! Way better than with a brush or anything I've tried before. It gives a really natural and even look. Worth the money, I'd say. Or, that depends a bit on how long it lasts...

Worth the money, I'd say. Or, that depends a bit on how long it lasts...

That's what keeps me from buying it atm. If it only lasts for 6 months, that a lot of money, plus there's the cleanser you have to replace every once in a while.
For that money you can get a high quality brush that would last for years.

Yeah, but I'm not sure a brush would give you the same result tho..But I hate that you have to buy the cleanser because it's not that good IMO. I can't get it all clean when I use it..it's so annoying.

That's what keeps me from buying it atm. If it only lasts for 6 months, that a lot of money, plus there's the cleanser you have to replace every once in a while.
For that money you can get a high quality brush that would last for years.

Yeah, I'll decide later if I'm gonna keep buying it, to see how long it lasts first.
I didn't buy the cleanser.. I got a sample, but only tried it once. I think other soap/dish-cleaners work as well.. at least well enough. And as loonaka says, I don't think a brush would give me an as good result.

I saw a sponge shaped like this at Ulta today for like $8. I probably should've gotten it

sephora has one cheap too in their line..but it has something like a sponge ribbon in the middle that ruins the whole thing!

what is actually so special about the beauty blender anyway?

^
according to their promo materials, because it has no sharp edges?

I use a MAC foundation brush with MAC foundation but I found yesterday when I was applying it that it was quite streaky and looked quite painted on. I don't wear foundation super often but I was considered switching to a sponge because the foundation brush just wasn't giving me a good finish. So this thread has perfect timing!

But my question is how do you use the blender? Just like a normal sponge?

^^no, you first wet it, squeeze the excess water and then use it like a normal sponge :flower:

^
according to their promo materials, because it has no sharp edges?

I use a MAC foundation brush with MAC foundation but I found yesterday when I was applying it that it was quite streaky and looked quite painted on. I don't wear foundation super often but I was considered switching to a sponge because the foundation brush just wasn't giving me a good finish. So this thread has perfect timing!

I've always preferred a sponge over a brush even tho I've only tried a really crappy one from Sephora. I like the Beauty Blender, but I don't think the shape has anything to do with the results:unsure: It's prob the water thingy that makes it so special:huh:

I don't know what it is, but this is honestly the best applicator I have ever used.

Basically you wet the sponge & squeeze out the excess water, then squeeze the sponge in a towel to remove even more of the excess. I tend to put my foundation on the back of my hand and then dab the beauty blender on my hand and over my face. It gives absolutely flawless coverage. I use the side of the sponge to apply my creme blush too :heart:

I think soaking the sponge in water is supposed to stop the sponge from soaking up the product, which is why you end up using/wasting less foundation than you normally would.

I was a huge cynic but honestly it works :woot:

I haven't bought the Beauty Blender because to be honest I'm a little hesitant with the price tag. I have the Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge I use it just like the beauty blender (soaking it in water). It's about $8 bucks and from what my friends say it works just the same.

I used to wet the normal drug store brand sponges I used in highschool (and I dampen my foundation brush) and it certainly improves coverage but surely that can't be the only reason this sponge is good. I may still try it out - it doesn't seem that expensive in the UK.

Would the beautyblender give more or less coverage than the MAC 187? Has anyone used both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->