Beauty Subscription Services

indian_rose

Reaction score
GlossyBox/Birchbox

Not sure if this is the right place for this discussion, but as it is in relation to new beauty products.....

Are there any members here of GlossyBox? (or Birchbox in the USA). This specific company has just started up in the UK (I think they are in other parts of europe as well), and they offer a monthly subscription where they will send you a box of 5 new high-end beauty products for you to try...

From the website:

If you want to regularly receive luxury product miniatures from top brands that fit your care and styling habits, then simply register on our website. The unique appeal of GlossyBox is that as a recipient of the box you can create your own personal beauty profile on our site. This information will help us to choose the right products to fit your needs and tastes.

The GlossyBox will be sent out monthly. In addition to high-end luxury product miniatures, the box contains product information, application notes and tips and tricks about beauty and style. Our GlossyBlog publishes interesting features on a regular basis.

Our product selection is original and innovative. You can try them out in the comfort of your own home. GlossyBox enables you to try out the luxury product miniatures in your own time without the annoying interruption of sales pitches. If a product has caught your attention you can easily learn more about if from our website. If you would like to buy the product, we can direct you to an online supplier. You can also choose to provide us with product feedback, which enables us to improve and adjust the content of your next box to better suit your individual needs. You receive a GlossyDot for each completed feedback sheet. With 20 GlossyDots the next box is free.
www.glossybox.co.uk

Any reviews of the products?

amodelrecommends got a full NARS illuminator for £10 :shock: AND a bunch of other stuff.

I'm soooo going to try it out. Doesn't it sound too good to be true though :P

Yep I ordered one and picked it up from the post office today. I think its great, I love the Nars illuminator.

Pic: Mine.

5743233196_e7e20272c7.jpg

Really wish it didn't have the lipstick in as I already have it but for those who do order it, the lipstick is really good-such a bright red I usually wear it blotted off a bit for daytime though.
Such a good idea though, next month maybe

A full sized NARS Illuminator? That is very impressive. I've signed up for June's box! Hoping the next box will be just as good :smile:

Do we have any members here who are subscribed to Brichbox? Have they been consistent with the brand/quality of products?

Ohhhh i'm so gnna try this out- i saw sooo many videos on Birchbox and i was so annoyed that they don't ship to the UK.

According to their facebook page, they sold out of the June boxes at the beginning of the week! I wonder what the quota is....

A full sized NARS Illuminator? That is very impressive. I've signed up for June's box! Hoping the next box will be just as good :smile:

Do we have any members here who are subscribed to Brichbox? Have they been consistent with the brand/quality of products?

I'm subscribed to Birchbox but I've only received one so far, it was a bit hit and miss which is to be expected I think. But I liked about half of the items and my favourite thing about it is the surprise! Not sure how long I'll keep the subscription for though.

^ Ah that's so evil, it was a blessing in disguise for me that Australia didn't have one :lol:

Here is what I got in mine today. I don't know how I feel about it yet.

mi17q1.jpg

14o9h5e.jpg

my pics

There is another option for Australians - Lust Pack (you can order your pack for August now!)

I didn't realize, but now there's GlossyBox here (Brazil), since May. It's R$ 35,00 + R$4,00 (delivery).

Here's a photo I found from June's box:
dsc00706yu.jpg

blogdagelly.com

I've read many complaints that the brazilian box has too many free samples.

The German one is amazing - is the subscription more there than in the UK? I seem to remember my Mum being in something like this years ago because she used to pass things on to me. I think its a really good idea as you can get to try things out properly. Free samples are good (& I love getting them), but don't usually last long enough for a proper trial.

I notice there are more and more of these box schemes springing up all the time, it seems they reel people in with the occasional instalment that contains properly impressive products, which gets good reviews by people who've received it from the company's PR team, but mostly pad things out with a bunch of samples that you could happily get for free if you signed up to mailing lists as a tester, checked out the sites that gather together daily 'free offers' or spoke to the people behind make-up counters on a semi-regular basis.

If it gets to the stage where the contents can be seriously tailored to the recipient's needs - at the moment, there's not that much variance in what each person will get - then it'll be more of a win-win situation for everyone involved, but right now, I certainly wouldn't pay money to receive a bunch of fairly random products when I can get the precise samples I want, through my own actions, at no cost.

Wanted to revive this tread... a lot of people are disappointed in Birchbox b/c of the lack of cosmetic products specifically makeup, skimpy sample sizes, and not really taking the customer feedback seriously as far as making improvements to their company. After looking up what some of the Glossyboxes cotained, I'm not surprised! Glossybox is awesome and puts Birchbox to shame. I can't wait til it hits the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->