Beauty Tips

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Seamless, Oct 25, 2003.

View Users: View Users
  1. Seamless

Seamless New Member

Whats yours?

2. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

My fave is using hemorhoid cream under eyes to depuff and get a more radiant look... ;)

I have more but Im eathing and I dont think straight,... :lol:

3. Seamless

Seamless New Member

Does it really work?

4. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

Yes it does Seamless...I use it almost every day, because I always have puffy eyes, and somehow , this old tip works great... think about it, it reduces anal inflamation, why cant reduce eye inflamation??? :lol:

Another good tip is to apply mayonaisse on your hair, wrap it with aluminum foil, and use a heat dryer...let it on for a while, and you will see that your hair will be super shiny!! of course, you have to use some lemon extracts to take off the mayo smell :yuk:

If you want some highlights, and you are afraid of the bleach, get some beer and lemon, mix them, and apply it all over your hair,and sit in the sun. It will bring some coppery - golden streaks to your hair!!... ;)

I have much more.... I have to remember. :heart:

5. Seamless

Seamless New Member

Thanks keep them coming

6. trean

trean New Member

:shock: That stuff works ? :lol:

7. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

YEESS!! Hemorrhoid cream is super cheap, you can buy a tube and use it, it will work, or, if you dont like it, you can always give it to your grampy ot granny... :lol:

8. PradaP

PradaP New Member

im too scared to try that.. i'm worried that what if it got into my eye or something :shock:

9. LolitaLuxe

LolitaLuxe Vision of Paradise

forget about getting it in your eye----- id be embarrassed to buy the stuff!

just imagine!

"......its for my eyes! .no....... really! " :huh:

just my luck if i ever attempted they would have to do a price check " hemmoriode creaam isle 5!!" :doh:

thank god i dont have puffy eyes! :woot:

10. Acid

Acid yes

use icy cold water after cleansing to minimise your open pores

11. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

That's silly!! first, you dont apply iy where you apply under eye liner, so, you wont get it in ur eyes unless you want to :p

Its silly feeling embarrased about buying it.. I go and buy my sister's Kotex and other stuff, I even go buying comdoms every week and its preety normal!...so, again, try it. :lol:

Sean, the cold water its great for closing pores, and its great for acne skin!...I do that every morning B)

12. lele

lele New Member

it does work... I used it the day of my wedding I woke up looking GROSS and puffy... and it really helped.... and it is easy to get over the embarrasing part - are you embarrassed to get zit cream or tampons or dandruff shampoo????....if you are truly that embarrassed then order it from walgreens.com....but i dont think people checking you out are concerned with what you are purchasing that much to give it a seconds thought....

:)

I love hearing beauty secrets... keep them coming!

I pluck my eyebrows after I get out of the shower (easier) and I wash my hair first when I get in the shower and then condition and leave the conditioner on until I am about to get out so it soaks in.... those are not that great.....

Vaseline on your feet with socks while you sleep - wake up with SOFT feet!

btw Condoms every week!!!!! you go Alejandro!!!!!!

13. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I always slather on Vaseline before I go to bed - on the cheeks, lips, and hands especially. Definitely wake up with soft skin. B)

14. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

Im a safe men ;)

By the way, I have to agree with the Vaseline and cotton socks every night, the results are amazing!!! You can also try Eight Hour Cream by Elizabeth Arden, which is great !!

15. lele

lele New Member

i have GOT to get that 8 hour cream and the dior eye stuff. explain to me again.... if I have fine lines should I get that?

16. goeth314

goeth314 New Member

this is the tip
    cold water always helps

17. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

They used to say to do that to your hair to add shine, rinse with cold water after a shower... but I've heard this is a myth... I suffered chills from all of those post-shower cold rinses for nothing!

18. Ella

Ella New Member

Erin, it's not a myth, I asked my hairdresser about this and she said that it works because hair has "pores" too and washing your hair with cold water closes the pores just as it does with skin.

-I heard that you should never apply normal moisturizer to your eye area because normal moisturizers are water-based so your eyes absorb the water and then become puffy. You should only use eye cream on your eyes.

-In the sun you should always use over SPF15, otherwise it makes no difference regardless of whether or not you burn easily or never burn. Always use plenty of sunscreen on you knees, chest, feet and hands because they reveal your true age and too much sun exposure will leave permanent damage.

I can't think of any other beauty tips right now so I'll post more later.

19. laura4eva

laura4eva New Member

you know with that put ice cold water on your face to open pores.I heard that you shouldnt put water on ur face cus it dries it out or something along those lines..cant really remeber and not sure if its true.

And when i put water on my skin i get areas that go really dry like round my nose.so would this work for me

20. Curious

Curious New Member

^ Er... how do you wash your face then? I've never heard not to put water on your skin before...

Glad to know the cold water on the hair trick is valid. I do that too and it IS uncomfortable :lol: