Beauty Tips

sabrinakiim said:
  1. Lightly brush your lips with a baby tooth brush everynight
  2. Put a thick layer of lip balm on your lips :kiss: before you sleep
  3. Its best to put on moisturiser (face/body) right after you shower
  4. Never put anything but eye cream on your eyes cos' the skin there is different
  5. :angry: Dont scratch your scabbbss!!
  6. Blast yourself with cold water before you get outta the shower. It promotes blood circulation givin you a healthy glow and also, does for your hair what conditioner does :D
  7. Dont use oil blotters too often
  8. Never moisten your lips with saliva or water when it's too dry. Always bring out lip balm. Saliva and water dries the lips when it evaporates/dries

Why shouldn't you use oil blotters too often? I use them quite a bit.. now I am worried!

I was skeptical about Avene Thermal Water but nowadays I can't discard it. It's really nice.

elysee said:
Once a week, after a shower, I make sure I use warm water on my hair, slightly towel dry, then put in olive oil, wrap up in a towel and sleep with it overnight. The next morning, I wash it out with a regular shampoo and my hair is super soft and shiny!

i am soo trying this one!! thanx for posting

Acid said:
use icy cold water after cleansing to minimise your open pores

yah that really works..im doing it for ages!!! plus u look really fresh and radiant!!:rolleyes:

Be careful with the icy cold water, don´t do it on a regular basis because it dries the skin a lot- think of really cold weather and what it does to your skin.
It also can cause some capilar vein to burst causing rosacea...

Okay, i have a few!B)

**Dove antiperspirant~~best darn thing that's ever happened to my pits! I used to get razor burn and ingrown hairs under my arms and since I started using Dove.... It's been smooth just like the rest of my body.

**Heated Lash Curler~~blow dry your lash curler until it is warm (not hot, you do not want to burn yourself!).... curl at the base of the lashes, in the middle and then on the ends. The heat makes the eyelash curler act like a curling iron.

**Sugar Exfoliant~~Put a handful of sugar in a bowl and put a little bit of water in it... make sure it is syruppy.. but not too thin. Exfoliate your skin GENTLY. This works wonders around the eye area.

**Whole Oatmeal and Banana Masque~~Take one medium banana and a handful of whole oatmeal (non-flavored please, lol) and mash together until you make a nice paste. Lay down and apply a thick layer to your face. Get a warm/damp hand towell and put it over your face for 5-10 minutes. Oatmeal evens skintone and nourishes, while the banana moisturizes.

**Tea Tree Essential Oil~~This essential oil cleanses the body and purifies the mind. Right before bed, put a few drops on the end of a cotton swab and dab it on your inflamed pimples after you moisturize. Your spot will be virtually gone the next day. Be careful with this though as it will dry out your skin if you're careless with it. You can buy tea tree essential oil at Fred Meyer in the Health Food section for about $7. If you don't have a Fred Meyer where you live... go to a health food store.

**Got a scrape?~~Use Lavendar essential oil. (about $6 at a health food store). Lavendar essential oil tones skin and I have used it on scrapes and cuts and haven't gotten any scars from them. It is also an excellent pair with Tea Tree essential oil on the face.

**Non-abrasive Teeth Whitening~~After you brush your teeth, swish hydrogen peroxide in your mouth (concentrating on your teeth) for 30-60 seconds. Rinse your mouth with water or mouthwash.

*EllaH said:
-In the sun you should always use over SPF15, otherwise it makes no difference regardless of whether or not you burn easily or never burn. Always use plenty of sunscreen on you knees, chest, feet and hands because they reveal your true age and too much sun exposure will leave permanent damage.

I'm confused:shock: Does sunscreen actually blocked out the UV rays so you don't burn or does it just make your skin more susceptible to UV rays so you tan instead of burn? Maybe it's just me and my inexperience, but whenever I apply sunscreen I just seem to get darker and tan:huh: Are there different types of sunscreen? and if so, which doesn't make you tan?

sunscreens do not totally block out the UV rays unfortunately, it works by attenuating the UV's intensity by absorbing the rays and neutralizing its harmful effects. So you can still get a tan even if you put on a spf100 sunblock. but that doesn't mean you shouldn't wear sunscreen because sunscreen minimizes the amount of UV rays that enter through your skin into your cell's DNA. UV meeting your DNA is bad because it causes mutations which can eventually lead to skin cancer. duh duh duh.......

Dropping dairy products from my diet (except for chocolate occasionally ofcourse..) has really cleared my skin up. And used coffee grounds to exfoliate with is great.

Pure, virgin coconut oil. Not only is great to cook with, it's also a wonderful face/body cream. Use just a little bit, it goes a long way. It's best to use on the face at night, so discard your night cream and use this instead. Note, it has to be virgin coconut oil. The refined variety does has been stripped from much of its goodness.

does vasaline cause u guys to break out btw? im still in the 'teen acne' stage haha. but i don't have acne on both my cheeks.. but they are getting really dry cuase of the weather, and my normal moisturizer isn't doing enough
so i was wondering, woudl it be safe to put vasasline on my cheeks? thanks
ahah my seemless?... coverup.. can't lvie without it =P while i have bad skin, of course. oh how i lust for clear skin .haha okay. enough of my ramblings, tata.

EDIT
OH AND. i LOVE THE the thermal waters! the spritser ones.. i used evian before. and i ran out =/ .. i like the avene one now! but they are all sold out T_T BOOOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jasmine<3 said:
does vasaline cause u guys to break out btw? im still in the 'teen acne' stage haha. but i don't have acne on both my cheeks.. but they are getting really dry cuase of the weather, and my normal moisturizer isn't doing enough
so i was wondering, woudl it be safe to put vasasline on my cheeks? thanks
ahah my seemless?... coverup.. can't lvie without it =P while i have bad skin, of course. oh how i lust for clear skin .haha okay. enough of my ramblings, tata.

EDIT
OH AND. i LOVE THE the thermal waters! the spritser ones.. i used evian before. and i ran out =/ .. i like the avene one now! but they are all sold out T_T BOOOO.

I had a friend in middle school who had the most flawless skin I have ever seen. Every single time I slept at her house, her mother always reminded her to put vaseline on her face before she went to bed. This is something she had been doing since she was a young girl. She never got zits and her skin was virtually oil-free. So unless your skin is "normal" - i.e. responds well to new products, doesn't break out from oil based products - I wouldn't recommend it. However, if you feel you simply must try it, I would suggest finding a vaseline alternative - petroleum free. Go to any health food store like Whole Foods and just ask someone in the skincare section, they can show you. GL :flower:

Alejandro said:
My fave is using hemorhoid cream under eyes to depuff and get a more radiant look... :wink:

I have more but Im eathing and I dont think straight,... :lol:
ahh yes it does work...but you have to be extremely careful using it...it also makes your skin thinner..Im not exactly sure how that works, but a pharmasist told me that this was a not so nice side effect of using hemoroide cream under your eyes for an extended period of time:cry:

ELLE_ME said:
ahh yes it does work...but you have to be extremely careful using it...it also makes your skin thinner..Im not exactly sure how that works, but a pharmasist told me that this was a not so nice side effect of using hemoroide cream under your eyes for an extended period of time:cry:

OMG i'm so glad you said this - i've been considering using roid cream under my eyes for a while --- would have if didn't read your note about it making skin thinner = not good 4me b/c of dark circles under eyes (may make them worse). thanks!

^^ your welcome gruveechik..I considered trying it out myself..it seemed like an easy and no fuzz way to get rid of bags I get when I dont get enough sleep...Im glad I told the pharmasist what I was going to use it for..she had heard of it and could confirm that it worked..but as she said "its not worth the serious side effect"

sasseestefanie said:
Okay, i have a few!B)

**Dove antiperspirant~~best darn thing that's ever happened to my pits! I used to get razor burn and ingrown hairs under my arms and since I started using Dove.... It's been smooth just like the rest of my body.

**Heated Lash Curler~~blow dry your lash curler until it is warm (not hot, you do not want to burn yourself!).... curl at the base of the lashes, in the middle and then on the ends. The heat makes the eyelash curler act like a curling iron.

**Sugar Exfoliant~~Put a handful of sugar in a bowl and put a little bit of water in it... make sure it is syruppy.. but not too thin. Exfoliate your skin GENTLY. This works wonders around the eye area.

**Whole Oatmeal and Banana Masque~~Take one medium banana and a handful of whole oatmeal (non-flavored please, lol) and mash together until you make a nice paste. Lay down and apply a thick layer to your face. Get a warm/damp hand towell and put it over your face for 5-10 minutes. Oatmeal evens skintone and nourishes, while the banana moisturizes.

**Tea Tree Essential Oil~~This essential oil cleanses the body and purifies the mind. Right before bed, put a few drops on the end of a cotton swab and dab it on your inflamed pimples after you moisturize. Your spot will be virtually gone the next day. Be careful with this though as it will dry out your skin if you're careless with it. You can buy tea tree essential oil at Fred Meyer in the Health Food section for about $7. If you don't have a Fred Meyer where you live... go to a health food store.

**Got a scrape?~~Use Lavendar essential oil. (about $6 at a health food store). Lavendar essential oil tones skin and I have used it on scrapes and cuts and haven't gotten any scars from them. It is also an excellent pair with Tea Tree essential oil on the face.

**Non-abrasive Teeth Whitening~~After you brush your teeth, swish hydrogen peroxide in your mouth (concentrating on your teeth) for 30-60 seconds. Rinse your mouth with water or mouthwash.

I read an article a few years ago that rinsing your mouth with hydrogen peroxide can be hazardous to your health. There was a women who died, becasue she did this for about 20 years. I guess it was in her bloodstream. My suggestion is just use mouthwash. Crest makes a nice one that doesnt burn.

When I get my legs waxed I use pieces of cotton fabric which I cut in diffrent sizes, I've discovered they work much better than waxstrips and it's less messy. You get a more ' clean ' wax as well.
So if you have an old piece of fabric lying aorund somewhere, you might as well use it for waxing :smile:

Cutting back on dairy products will do wonders for your skin.
I stopped drinking milk, and my skin is still thanking me for it! :flower:

^ does cutting out dairy really help?? has anyone else had success with this cuz my skin is bad and i've tried everything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->