Being Serena - Clothing Inspired By Gossip Girl To Be Launched at Miss Selfridge

farou7a

Reaction score
MISS SELFRIDGE has scored a fashion coup by securing a deal to create a Gossip Girl collection based on the four female lead characters. The style of Serena van der Woodsen, Blair Waldorf, Jenny Humphrey and Vanessa Abrams - inspired by the designs of Gossip Girl costume designer Eric Daman - will be in Miss Selfridge stores by the end of April.

"We are delighted to be working with the Warner Bros television series, Gossip Girl," Yasmin Yusuf, creative director of Miss Selfridge said. "The dresses we've created based on the characters fit perfectly with our spring/summer 2010 range. Our customers love the show and the styles of the girls, so the partnership is a perfect match."

The collection will include a leopard print boho maxi dress (Vanessa), a ruffle front shift dress with a floral skirt (Blair), a black body con bandage dress (it could only be Serena), and a nude and black lace tutu-style skirt (Little J) - and will retail from £39.

"Fashion is intrinsic to Gossip Girl and a key ingredient in the continued popularity of the series," Paul Bufton, general manager of Warner Bros consumer products UK commented. "Miss Selfridge has created a collection that is true to the ideals of the show and one that young women will aspire to own. We're certain it will be a commercial success, and the beginning of a long-term relationship with the retailer."

source: vogue.com

Attachments

• BLivelyLMeester_GL_5nov09_pa_b_320x480.jpg
    BLivelyLMeester_GL_5nov09_pa_b_320x480.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 2
I really want to see what the Blair pieces are like...not too fond of Miss Selfridge's quality though.

i never shop there and im so sad im not in london anymore :(
but im anxious to see what they come up with too..

If it's after Blair's OLD style - I'm interested. Otherwise, I don't care. Serena's style is very easy to imitate - low cut tops and forget the pants. I don't care about either Jenny or V's style. But, I have my doubts, the Anna Sui collection was terrible!

some of jennys clothes are nice (i HATE to admit this!) ^

serena's clothes are excuses to flash breasts from any and every angle really. i think its cheap.

Jenny's clothes could be nice, but I never notice because it's usually in a trashy combo. Serena's clothes can be nice too, individual pieces anyway. But she always looks like a streetwalker. It's Vanessa's that I find the least interesting, because I just don't care for neon colours or hippie clothing or the combo. Plus her cheap and ugly hair always ruins all her outfits anyway!

^ :lol: @ the vanessa comment. TRUEEEEEE that.

but i guess she has to fit the part :wink:

^LOL. I guess, if being obnoxious and always meddling in other people's business requires a certain dress code, then V fits and dresses the part. :lol:

HAHAHA ^ you, mon amie, crack me up.
i cant stand the whole brooklyn crew on GG though. the characters seem to be suffering from an inferiority complex. :rolleyes:
i was surprised when they started showing jenny in nice clothes now and then MINUS the goth/raccoon eye make up

my mates call me V b/c of my surname though :blink: i MUST kill that nickname asap!

LMAO, well, I do really hate Vanessa. Poor you, any similarity to V is terrible. You must tell you friends to stop calling you that!

I'll admit it - I don't care for the Brooklyn crew either.

I wonder when pictures of the collection will be available. They do say a picture's worth a thousand words.

I can't imagine this collection will be anything special to me. Serena, Blair and Vanessa's styles in the show don't appeal to me at all and half of the UK high street wouldn't look out of place on Jenny so I doubt there'll be anything new or unique there.

LMAO, well, I do really hate Vanessa. Poor you, any similarity to V is terrible. You must tell you friends to stop calling you that!

I'll admit it - I don't care for the Brooklyn crew either.

I wonder when pictures of the collection will be available. They do say a picture's worth a thousand words.

haha yes i really should get to it!

splashofcolor - i dont think vanessas 'styles' will be out there.
atleast here's hoping.. too many people will lose their eye-sights with so much fashion faux pas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camerontroy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->