Bejewelled Cell Phone Covers

LilyBird

Reaction score
Hey guys~

I just say the last episoe of SATC (sad I know, but I don't have HBO!) and I really want to get a pink jewelled phone like Carrie has in the last scene.

I remember that there was a design company that would personally bejewel your cell phone, but I can't remember the name.

Can anyone help me out?

I don't know of any companies that do it, but I do remember that luna once posted a picture of her crystal studded phone that she madeover herself. She said she used superglue. It was quite beautiful. Sorry but I don't remember where the picture is, maybe you could ask her :flower:

I have seen where people have bought a plain cellphone cover in a color they like, then Super-Glue on sequins or plastic "jewels" or use glitter paint or whatever to customize it.

One of my co-workers, who is an Alpha Kappa Alpha alumna, has the cutest cellphone cover one of her Sisters gave her, painted with green and pink glitter paint with the AKA.

Haha.... the last website seems like a decent price.. its' a lot of work and so it's a pretty decent cost... Plus lots of people get diff phones each year... and I didnt want to send my phone away to someone.. I feel naked without my phone...

I just did it myself. it came out pretty decent.

Jen Stone Malibu

this rhinestone artist is working in association with Sprint mobile

sprinPhones.jpg

Excuse my ignorance but it doesn't look that hard, so can't one do it themselves? (If they had a lot of time on their hands and nothing better to do?)

its hard to make one yourself so that the rhinestones all line up right and don't chip off at the slightest resistance (which I believe happens with superglue). It needs a special glue that can bond between plastic and metal or something...

try these

hollywoodpin-ups.com they do phones and other stuff too

crystal-cellphones.com

:wink:

Originally posted by luna@May 8th, 2004 - 1:31 pm
Haha.... the last website seems like a decent price.. its' a lot of work and so it's a pretty decent cost... Plus lots of people get diff phones each year... and I didnt want to send my phone away to someone.. I feel naked without my phone...

I just did it myself. it came out pretty decent.
What size stones did you use? I tried to practice on one of my compacts- and I didn't finish because I don't like how it looks :cry:

I don't know if the stones were too big or not. I think they were a size 16? I have to check.

definately not an expert on this, but one of the sites said that they used a size 5 or 7 stone so perhaps the 16 was too big?

also, does anyone know what kind of glue you're supposed to use if superglue doesn't work? like a brand or something.

You can't get much stronger than Araldite. (or try getting some 'old-fashioned' superglue - superglue is made very weak these days to prevent accidents)...

As Prince said, superglue is a very bad glue. Araldite could be used, be very careful with it, it will stick anything to anything, including your fingers, and is very strong. Should do the trick.
Other Epoxy resins should also work, but, like araldite, they are very hard to use. Araldite comes in powdered form.

didn't i read somewhere that britney wants to turn her hobby of glueing rhinestones onto phones into a business...maybe you should give britney a ring... :innocent: :lol:

Originally posted by dramatique@May 8th, 2004 - 3:29 pm
Excuse my ignorance but it doesn't look that hard, so can't one do it themselves? (If they had a lot of time on their hands and nothing better to do?)
It takes time and alignment...it can get messy too if youre not careful with the glue...

I rhinestone tons of things yet sometimes even I have a headahce from doing the designs perfectly...I usually draw or put alignment tape to keep everything steady...you gotta watch out that you rhinestone right on top or avoid gluing the stone onto the tape too.. :wacko:

Patience is key to this...I threw my mp3 player from getting pissed rhinestoning and well....

I need a new one now. :shock:

As for the glue question, as a sculpturist I swear by Epoxy though I am not sure how well they would work on this type of things. The miracle of the 21st century :wink: Ahh... never rhinestoned anything before. Thank goodness I didn't try it before asking all of you about it. :P

Actually.. I rhinestoned my phone, used plain old super glue, and nothing has come off ... 4 months and counting... i know because i screwed up and had to remove some stones and redo it.. those suckers were hard to pry off, so i'm pretty sure the stones won't come off from regular use.

Also, I used size 12 stones,I think... it was whatever the jewelry store reccommended... and i used a few bigger stones to make a design.. but yea... i think the stones you used were too large.

This summer after I'm done my courses, I'm going to rhinestone my laptop :woot: :wub:

What colour stones would you guys recommend for a matte silver Sony Vaio? :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"