Belgian Designers

Just read the interview with VB - she sounds so thoughtful and sensible! On to the other interviews, thank you softgrey :flower: :heart:

it's a lot....isn't it... i only go tthrough veronique branquinho myself...moving on... :flower:

That MMM is good too even though its not the elusive mysterion himself. And I love the image with my favorite,Kim Peers B)

oops I just posted something to the Belgian Avant-Garde thread that I think is better suited to here, what do I do :S

Softgrey, how do you feel about the new SHOWstudio site? I find it so confusing and overwhelming that I can't navigate it.

Men's label Les Hommes isn't as it seems. Its two founding designers are Belgian, not French, and their aesthetic is an intentionally jarring contrast of rough and refined elements, a duality by design. Both graduates of the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Antwerp, Tom Notte—who once had a stint at Olivier Theyskens—has an eye for the hard-edged while Bart Vandebosch brings a tailor's touch. The result, like two interlocking pieces of a puzzle that shouldn't have fit, is exemplified in this heavily-detailed fitted jacket—which, along with trenches, are the label's forte. With an epaulet adorning the lapel and a plethora of admiral-style pockets and other trompe l'oeuil delights like false zippers, the military theme is bold, to say the least, yet a closer look reveals an adherence to classic design in the narrow sleeves and high armholes. Speaking of arms, the jacket will cost you a one, plus a leg, as its price tag ranges from $1150 to $1300. We've said it before and we'll say it again: fashion hurts. In London at Selfridges, L.A. at Maxfield's and in New York exclusively at Atelier, 125 Crosby St., 212-941-8435.

leshommesA.jpg

leshommesB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->