Ben De Lisi Off-schedule

helena

Swim Upstream
Reaction score
BEN DE LISI OFF-SCHEDULE
spacer.gif
BEN DE LISI has chosen to show off the official London Fashion Week schedule this season. Having become known for taking one of the event's earliest slots over the last ten years, the 50-year-old British designer was offered a far less comfortable slot by the British Fashion Council this season, and has therefore decided to join the new talents in the On/Off show at the Royal Academy on Sunday September 18. Buyers and press from all over the world tend to give priority to the earliest shows in the week and, with television and newspapers more likely to find the event newsworthy towards the beginning of the proceedings, de Lisi could not see himself showing at a later date. "How do I feel about showing off schedule?" he says. "Well change is good and the venue at ON/OFF at the Royal Academy is fantastic - I am really looking forward to showing in such a beautiful room - the light is amazing. I had no choice as the time the BFC had offered us was not suitable for our business. It's never a great thing to have your options taken away from you but I am an established designer with a respected label that has a loyal following so I trust the show will be well attended as always." London Fashion Week runs from September 18-22. Ben de Lisi will show at the Royal Academy, 6 Burlinton Gardens, W1, at 12.15 on September 18

from Vogue UK

I understand his reasoning but I really cannot stand him. He produces the same bland clothes season after season and is always on reality tv :rolleyes: no thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benrobertson
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->