Benefits of Walking

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Bonchic, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Bonchic

Bonchic New Member

Okay this might be a dumb question but is walking good for your skin? Cause since I've started to walk it looks different like it glows more! I know it's probaly good because you're increasing your metabolism and sweating releasing toxins.. Anyways if any of you know..

2. Acid

Acid yes

walking is very good for your skin
    unlike other forms of exercise which can stress your skin, walking still increases circulation to your skin helping with problems such as dryness and dullness. it also helps with lyphatic drainage, so if you are retaining too much water it will help with that.
    it can also help your skin to help itself deal with excess oil from sweating etc......

so yes its very good.
    if you drink water while you're walking it will be even better :wink:

3. Bonchic

Bonchic New Member

Oh good cause I drink water while I walk I drink a total of one bottle water (deja blue) not at one time but I drink it every so many laps.. Thanks for the info!

4. BrothaG

BrothaG New Member

I'm glad to hear that.. I'll definitely be walking more often :smile:

5. Lilliana

Lilliana New Member

I made the same expierence:smile:

6. fashionlives

fashionlives New Member

What are the Benefits of Walking?

wondering, what is the benefits of walking?

7. VainJane

VainJane New Member

Ummm....kinda off the top of my head....you lose weight, you do get muscle but unlike running, you don't get huge football-player thighs (those are icky) and supposedly walking helps strengthen your bones and heart :flower:

I walk four to five miles every day....for me, it has helped keep me at a good weight (so that I can splurge on cookie-dough ice cream every once in a while, haha).

Plus, doing it outside, you get the vitamins/minerals you need from the sun (supposedly you need a certain amount of sunlight everyday to stay healthy).

8. fashionlives

fashionlives New Member

4-5 miles, how long does that take you? do you do it in the morning or night?

9. cosmogrl5

cosmogrl5 Fashionably Late

Fresh air, exercise, burn calories, tone up, less impact on your joints than running and many other aerobic exercises, work the lungs, clear your mind, get some sun... I guess there are a lot!

10. Belle Princesse

Belle Princesse New Member

Great exercise and I honestly believe it helped maintain my firm booty lol. Also one of the best things is that you don't even realise you're exercising.

11. mirrra

mirrra sleeping

agreed with Vainjane, cosmogrl5 and Belle Princesse, feeling much better body-and-soul-wise since walking 6km to the office every morning, even i have to wake up an hour earlier:smile:

12. twilight fairy

twilight fairy New Member

Mmm I love walking. I despise any sports/gym activities, so walking is the only way for me to get some exercise. On weekends I try to walk for about 2 - 3hrs..it just really refreshens me.

13. TheKiwi

TheKiwi Brooklyn, baby!

Mmm this thread has inspired me to take a nice long walk today! You just have to love TFS! :D

14. ShuggaStiletto

ShuggaStiletto New Member

I've begun taking the stairs instead of the elevator/escalator. I think it really can help tone your legs/butt, and like others said you don't even really feel like you're exercising. I feel good after I walk though..endorfins maybe?!

15. Irene_A

Irene_A Active Member

A very important one, it reduces the risk of getting varicose veins in your legs.

16. VainJane

VainJane New Member

^ :shock: Wow, I didn't know that......yay!:D

My 4-5 mile walk takes me a little over an hour, more if my dog keeps getting distracted. During the week I usually walk after dinner, on weekends I try to do it in the morning.

I really do try to walk every day, even when it's raining or snowing....cause if I miss one then I start to get really lazy and want to miss more, haha.

On the downside: I get chased by dogs a lot!:doh:

17. ohoh609

ohoh609 New Member

I am forced to walk to and back from school which is 5 miles 5 days a week....it keeps me from getting fat...

18. snowqueen

snowqueen New Member

im normally tired after work as i go stright form college .. but i find if i walk home takes about an hour is about 4 miles it wakes me up.. and i feel energetic and not as tired so then i can go home and do whatever were as if i get bus or a lift then i go home and feel so tired i just slob out and my ngiht is ruined/over =[

19. susie_bubble

susie_bubble New Member

The one bad thing though is if you're walking for a long time in heels, your calve muscles get really big..... but in general yes, walking is a great way of burning calories (especially after a hefty meal!)

20. fashionlives

fashionlives New Member

thanks for the input. do you prefer treadmill or outside walking?