Berlin Street Style

149940921_5f78ec6fe2.jpg

149941476_c1963d3fd6.jpg

149941583_aafce97607.jpg

for more see http://stilinberlin.blogspot.com/

Oh i love Germans and their styles.................:heart:
Thanks for the pics!:flower:

god berlin - who needs this anyway. how could a city rich with opportunities develop such a disgusting style...

everytime i am in berlin i get the following impression: :woot: unemployed media-people and pot-smokin-students try to be "ah-so-anti-commercial" by dressing like bums - get a haircut!

new york/tokyo/paris/london please show all that "berliners" how to dress

:wink: luckily this style has not taken over other german cities [there is a trend in some parts of colgne and düsseldorf to dress "berlin" :woot: - hopefully it will not spread any further]

does anyone remember berlin (westberlin) in the 80s - that was style!

Clark Nova said:
god berlin - who needs this anyway. how could a city rich with opportunities develop such a disgusting style...

everytime i am in berlin i get the following impression: :woot: unemployed media-people and pot-smokin-students try to be "ah-so-anti-commercial" by dressing like bums - get a haircut!

new york/tokyo/paris/london please show all that "berliners" how to dress

:wink: luckily this style has not taken over other german cities [there is a trend in some parts of colgne and düsseldorf to dress "berlin" :woot: - hopefully it will not spread any further]

does anyone remember berlin (westberlin) in the 80s - that was style!

haha, well i'll make it all better when I go there! :P

Clark Nova said:
[...]how could a city rich with opportunities develop such a disgusting style...

[...] [there is a trend in some parts of colgne and düsseldorf to dress "berlin" :woot: - hopefully it will not spread any further]

Unfortunately you're pretty much right. :neutral: I've only been to Berlin once, but I was kind of shocked not to see stylish people all over the place. Although I love Berlin, I like Cologne better. Perhaps I can take some pictures when I'm in town.

Most of these pictures were taken in Prenzleurberg,( you can tell just by the background) the style there is quiet different from the one in the west. I have to agree that in Berlin they don't have the most appealing style, but I can tell you that the kids from the photos are prolly the ones with an "actual" sense of fashion in comparison with most of what lies in the west.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love love love love Berlin. It's one of the places I want to live in later (Berlin or London), I am German so it would work out pretty well.

Oh, and on the topic of Cologne: I'm there quite frequently and I don't see the special style? Cologne is a lovely and interesting city but the style (well, youth style anyways) is mostly the H&M-indie-clone style .. polkadots on overload.

ok....let´s say it like that....it really really really depends on the part of the city if you are talking about real STYLE..........in my area steglitz they are many people who dress all like sh*t especially these boys and girls in the ages of 15-20........you should see them.....you wouldn´t stop to laugh....you should see their trouser i mean boys and girls started to stuff them into their socks.....and it isn´t only in my area like that.....and they all look the same they aren´t even trying to look individuell....i mean i don´t care about that but the sad thing is that almost half of the city dresses like that....but there are some areas like prenzlauer berg, mitte, friedrichshain and it seems like all the stylish one moved there to live together:D and in these places you´ll find the best shops with all the stuffs of the young fashion designers....
well, that´s all i can say......of course from time to time i see some stylish peoplein my corner too but not that often.....

bluerise said:
especially these boys and girls in the ages of 15-20..........you should see their trouser i mean boys and girls started to stuff them into their socks.....

Oh my...
You are soo right. I mean what are they thinkin? It looks just ridiculous in my opinion

^^^ not just in Germany im afraid but also in the UK, all too comon to see teens with their usualy tracksuit bottoms into fake burbery socks. :(

the sad thing about this is that they really really think that this was of wearing their trousers is STYLISH.......well....and the most stupid thing i heard about this "trend" is, that these boys and girls are only stuffing their pants into their socks so everyone can see their "beautiful" shoes....which are anything but beautiful...

As someone who is putting it off but who will probably be living the rest of my life in Berlin, I have to say it is the most interesting city in Germany. My favourite is the Mitte, the incomparable Alexander Platz, and the gorgeous architecture of Karl-Marx Allee. London, NY, Tokyo etc., may be more moneyed and designer-branded, but they don't have the same style and character and they would be *so* envious of the music and art scene in Berlin, Peaches, Chicks on Speed, Le Tigre, DJ Hell - every new musician is cutting his/her teeth there. If you want good pictures of fashion in daylight, hang about clubs like WMF at 11 am. on Sunday morning and catch the partiers staggering out all smudged and tattered but still looking so cool.:smile:

news from berlin:
168865617_6103e76026.jpg

168865556_007a4a90e2.jpg

more, as usual, on http://stilinberlin.blogspot.com/

@ silly, the most of the pics were taken in Mitte (which is not a that big difference to prenzlauer berg, I have to admit), but we tried to take pictures in for example charlottenburg and wilmersdorf aswell, but we did not succeed! (maybe you can suggest any good and interesting places there?)

@ bluerise, to be honest, we are planning a feature on that neukoelln-style :wink: (because it's a part of the berlin style)

@ zazie, thanks for the tip! we'll try that as soon as we can!

It seems to me whatever the capital wears the rest of the country wears (w/exception of U.S. and a few others)

Ex. If there is some hot new trend in Paris, most likely, the rest of the country will get into the "trend" or fashion.

That may not always be the case, but alot of times that happens.

Btw, I find the fashion in France to be very interesting. It's not my cup of tea, but it isn't bad either.:flower:

no one interested in berlin style? we need feedback! Should we go on with what we are doing or is it all not interesting?!

It seems that there's a nostalgia on the pieces picked on the last posts ... I love it!

Errm ... I need more pics of guys (and their ph. numbers)... I have a infatuation with germans! :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->