Best City For Fashion?

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by so_pink, Feb 12, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. so_pink

so_pink New Member

looking at diverse boutiques, small indv local designers, big label desginers, access, resources, etc..where would u live for fashion only??

2. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:heart: j'adore Paris :heart:

3. Gobi

Gobi New Member

4. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

each city is FAMOUS for a specific fashion.

I LOVE LONDON for having helped me distinct my style and stand up for it :heart:

5. chanel_girl

chanel_girl Melody Nelson

Paris and New York :heart:

6. Fujyn

Fujyn New Member

Paris of course !! :p

7. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

Milan or Paris :flower:

8. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

for some reason i always see other fashion capitals copying LONDON :innocent:
    (sooner or later) :ninja:

9. faust

faust New Member

1.Antwerp(en)
    2. Paris
    3. New York
    10,256. Los Angeles :lol:

10. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

Faust,lets be more specific. Antwerp is the thinking person's fashion capital ;) :p

Followed by:

Paris
    Berlin
    London
    Tokyo

I leave out NY because frankly,I don't think its worth mentioning because the way they treat their creatives. The other cities I find appreciate and respect all forms not just one side. Shopping and street-style,of course,that's another story all together.

Leyla*,it happens anywhere where innovation is happening. Loads of people are copying not just London but also Antwerp. Trying to anyway :rolleyes:

11. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

I already live here-NYC-but Paris runs a close second...

that's for work-for shopping...honey-I love shopping-just give me a grocery store anywhere in the world and I'll be fine... all the labels and different packaging...I can shop anywhere and be happy! :heart:

12. faust

faust New Member

:lol: You hit it on the nail, about Antwerp! Well, we've discussed it in other threads. I've been there twice, and I dream of moving there. I don't dream of visiting again, because I know I will!!!

Berlin, that seems like a good choice. It's one of my next destinations (it's so much harder to travel when you have a 6 weeks old child :unsure: )

Can you elaborate more about your opinion on NYC?

13. faust

faust New Member

Softgrey, you are wanted here:

thread

14. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

:lol: You hit it on the nail, about Antwerp! Well, we've discussed it in other threads. I've been there twice, and I dream of moving there. I don't dream of visiting again, because I know I will!!!

Berlin, that seems like a good choice. It's one of my next destinations (it's so much harder to travel when you have a 6 weeks old child :unsure: )

Can you elaborate more about your opinion on NYC? [/b][/quote]
    Well,when I think of best city for fashion,I think of fashion in all its nuances. And I don't mean silly,overhyped labels from an actress or a famous bandmember either. Paris,London,Antwerp etc. etc. has so many different talents and levels of design that are appreciated more so, by many, than in NY.

Berlin is mine too. I've never been but I keep a watchful eye on what's going on in other parts of the world(or do I try) and there's quite alot of interesting things coming from there these days. Same for Vienna as well,btw.

15. faust

faust New Member

Well,when I think of best city for fashion,I think of fashion in all its nuances. And I don't mean silly,overhyped labels from an actress or a famous bandmember either. Paris,London,Antwerp etc. etc. has so many different talents and levels of design that are appreciated more so, by many, than in NY.

Berlin is mine too. I've never been but I keep a watchful eye on what's going on in other parts of the world(or do I try) and there's quite alot of interesting things coming from there these days. Same for Vienna as well,btw. [/b][/quote]
    Oh, Vienna, I miss it too! It's so beautiful, albeit a bit conservative...
    If you ever plan on going to Vienna hit me up by email ([email protected]) or AIM (mefistofel92). I have a secret to the deep discount last minute opera tickets, if you are interested in that kind of thing.

16. Jentlemen

Jentlemen New Member

i remember reading something about Montreal being a growing fashion capital as well. Second largest french speaking city :)

The city has a unique blend of French, English, and American fashion influences.

17. Oria

Oria New Member

Me personally New York and London with Paris coming 2nd close :flower: I've seen other places but I've spent the most time in these places.

18. Jentlemen

Jentlemen New Member

i've been under the impression, that these fashion capitals are known for the following but not limited to though ofcourse..

Paris - Haute couture
    London - men's wear
    Milan - leather goods
    NY,SF,LA - sports/casual wear

19. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

true-true-thanks for the reminder... :flower:

20. enrichi

enrichi New Member

I've never been to Paris or Milan or Berlin.

Lucky Duckies!

Of the North American cities I've been to, I'd definately pick Montreal. I also have a big soft spot for Toronto (some really great street styles,) but that's because I'm a home-town girl like that.