Best City For Fashion?

London is my favourite but that could be kinda biased considering I've been brought up here but I love how a lot of London girls just throw things together and carry it off.

NYC is my second favourite because it reminds me of London in a way and it's style is really cosmopolitan yet individual.

I don't really like Milan as much because in my opinion the women there wear stuff straight off the runway and it kinda looks like everyone has the same look...

Milan (!) - the best!
NYC - avant-garde
Moscow - expensive ;-)

It's just my opinion.

like i said in the london trendspotting thread, i think london street wear is more colorful and daring than nyc fashion...in berlin i actually didn't see that many young people on the street..but it has a real creative vibe...i assume prague and moscow might be similar in that regard??
in italy..milan..i think of great textures, leathers and fabrics and cut...i would love to go to paris.

My favourite is Paris!!
Tell me oh, you wise people who have visited Tokyo, can you survive there with english?
Or do you need to know japanese?
Thanks.

I like Paris, but it's quite pricey.
When I'm looking for cheap good designer stuff, I go to Bangkok, and Ho Chi Mihn city.

Ok i've been to Paris many many many times, and i LOVE IT:heart: beyond words!!

I think Paris is the first, but for me

Paris-New York-Milan-Tokyo

It depends on the designers as well...
Like Paris: Dior, Chanel, YSL, Louis Vuitton, JPG, Christian LaCroix
Milan: Gucci, Prada, Armani, Roberto Cavalli, Valentino, D&G
New York: Narciso Rodriguez, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Ralph Lauren,
Top Ford, John Galliano
Tokyo: Miyake (and because i LOVE IT.:lol: )

The best fashion designers are french, italian and New Yorkers for me.

So...

i love that each continent has its major city for fashion i.e europe has the usual paris and the offbeat but popular choice of antwerp..... tokyo hands down for asia with korea being a very close 2nd.

I was just reading the "What fashion problems need solutions?" thread in Designers and Collections, and one person posted that when citys like New York have fashion week, the clothes are made for New York-type weather, making it hard for people in, say, Texas, to wear "fall" clothes.

So, to me, New York and other citys with similar weather are the best cities for fashion, since the clothes of the season are suitable for the weather.

Paris, Milan , London, Sao Pablo, New York :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->