Best City For Fashion?

I think Tokyo should be as well.

Where else can one get brands such as Comme des Garcons to Delvaux to men's tailored such as Berluti?

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 14 2004, 10:31 PM
Paris!!! Nothing else matters!
[snapback]332441[/snapback]​

if we're talking shows...then i think that's obviously the answer...

Like, softie said, Paris - only if you are talking about shows. If we are talking about the essense of fashion

ANTWERP
TOKYO
PARIS
LONDON
NEW YORK

This Poll has been done before, and I'm getting tired of typing "Repost!!!!". Noobs, please search the archives and resurrect old threads. Gracias.

Yes. Somehow I feel I've done this already. But anyway...

I reiterate that sentimate. If mere shows are what you're speaking of,definitely Paris. But since there are so many designers based in other cities around the globe its difficult to pinpoint just one good one. And judging by pure individual style and actual fashion design....my list:

Antwerp
Berlin
Tokyo
Moscow
London
Paris

my very own london-as sickeningly patriotic as it sounds, you can't beat designers like Matthew Williamson-and then go to Portobello and Spitalfields and even the basement in Topshop and soak up all the newer, younger designers. Other than that, New York, obviously.

New York, and that's it. London is fabulous, although I went to Selfridges twodays after Christmas and thought I was going to get crushed! I haven't been to the other cities. :(

Paris :heart:
As Gertrude Stein stated it in her 1940 novel Paris France, “It was in Paris that the fashions were made.” True, thinking of fashion designers brings about many French names, such as Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Jean Paul Gaultier. As far as anyone can remember, Paris has always been the fashion capital of the world. Perhaps it is the designer coutures that dot every major street corner or the hundreds of beautiful people that walk up and down the tree-lined streets everyday. Or maybe it is because of the runway shows and photo shoots that occur everyday. And perchance it is not just that the fashion business is in Paris, but that the Parisians are fashionable. They do not have to try to be fashionable, they just are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"