BEST fashion school? -Closed! See Post #1 for Instructions and Related threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boheme

Reaction score
Moderators' Note:

We closing this thread, because it was continually going off topic, despite repeated requests that it stay on topic. I think that all the "Best" schools have been mentioned in this thread and no one seems to be adding any additional names of schools.

Here are only a few of the threads out there that you need to know about when discussing schools ... and I found them all doing an Advanced Search. There are more ... so if it's not here .... search for it.

Groups of Schools by geographic location:
Paris fashion schools
USA Fashion schools
Canadian fashion schools
London & UK fashion Schools/Colleges/Universities
European Fashion Schools
Australian fashion schools
Designers, Schools, And Environment In Miami
Dubai fashion schools

Some of the more popular Schools have their own threads:

Parsons School of Fashion ... New York
Central Saint Martins
London College of Fashion
FIT / Fashion Institute of Technology, Fashion School in New York
Japan-Bunka Fashion College

There are also threads about:
All About Financing Fashion School or College - loans, grants, scholarships, etc.
High School Students, How to Prepare For Fashion School
Visual Arts and Graphic Design Schools
Home Study, Summer and Online/Virtual Fashion School Courses
How Important are Grades when Applying to to a Fashion School?
Anyone went to a normal college but now work in fashion industry?

If you wish to learn about what type of schooling you need to have a career in a certain profession in the fashion industry ... there is probably a thead dedicated to that, too. Use the Advanced Search function to find the profession you are interested in, by using the name of the profession ( such as marketing, buyer, publishing, editor, design, stylist, photography, photographer, public releations ... etc. Just do not use the keyword "fashion" ... you will get too many results) and select the Careers, Education & Business forum where all these types of threads can be found.

Doing a good advanced search, by thread titles and using some carefully selected keywords, will help you find the appropriate thread for your question. There is a thread pinned at the top of the Member Support forum with specific directions about how to do an effective Advanced Search .... so you get fewer and very precise results and are able to quickly find what you need. Use it, please.

So.. im hearing a lot of -- Central St. Martin, Parsons, FIT..

so which school is the best?

Last edited by a moderator:
well it's not FIT.

it's what you put into it. i know this amazing designer who graduated from SCAD, and apparently tara subkoff is a maryland institute college of art DROP OUT!

it's what you can do and who you know. that's what i really believe nowadays, especially since starting college

SCAD :sick: :rofl: , sorry but that school is a joke and terribly run.

Parsons and CSM seem very well connected in terms of internships and stuff, i don't really know how their programs are. Parsons seems more focused on spots wear and CSM seems more open minded.

Bunka, Flanders and Studio Bercot have exellent student work.:flower:

Spacemiu said:
SCAD :sick: :rofl: , sorry but that school is a joke and terribly run.

Parsons and CSM seem very well connected in terms of internships and stuff, i don't really know how their programs are. Parsons seems more focused on spots wear and CSM seems more open minded.

Bunka, Flanders and Studio Bercot have exellent student work.:flower:

thanx :D

im gonna try to get into both but i still wanna know :smile:

hmm one question

can you go to csm right after highschool? and same question with parsons

CSM requires an art foundation course before getting onto their fashion degree.

Is FIT really that bad?
Does anyone know of any other schools for fashion in the States? All I know of are FIT, Otis, FIDM?, Parsons, and Art Institute of Chicago? Are there any in San Fran?

Last edited by a moderator:
susie_bubble said:

you dont need a foundation, if you have enough experience like time in the industry or a btec in a related subject (doesnt have to be fashion - though obviously in your portfolio you need some fashion work)

faust is right. it's probably producing the most amazing work out there.

other schools include RISD.

and all of those trade schools. ew.

susie_bubble said:

what about parsons?

and wut is an art foundation course? you mean like an art class in high school? lol

cuz i took art 1 and fashion tech in high school :x i dunno if that counts, lol

foundation year at art colleges is like painting 1, drawing 1, sculptural forms, critical inquiry, and elements of visual thinking.
it will change next semester, but it's a basis of technical skills you'll take on with you to your major.

other ways it's worded are 2-D, 3-D, Art History, and Digital. or something like that. they teach you the basics and yes it's horirbly boring.

also don't forget about pratt. they're one of the only major art institutes that will separate the fashion majors out freshman year, but apply early if you want to go there or else their fashion program fills up fast. it happened to me, and you can't transfer into it sophomore year or coming from a different school.

its all about st martins
cant beat that alumini in a million years

boheme said:
what about parsons?

and wut is an art foundation course? you mean like an art class in high school? lol

cuz i took art 1 and fashion tech in high school :x i dunno if that counts, lol

Nope. In Britain, a Foundation is a one-year sub-degree level course taken at a college and normally completed after A-levels (taken at eighteen). Central St. Martins offer their own Foundation courses in some subjects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->